Alumni have enjoyed continued access to their Google account; however, Google’s recent announcement about discontinuing unlimited storage has prompted this change of practice. Google alumni accounts will be discontinued, and the timing depends on the year of graduation.
- Alumni from classes prior to '21 will have until November 15, 2022 to migrate their data.
- Class of '21 alumni will have until July 15, 2023 to migrate their data.
- Class of ‘22 and onward will have until July 15 of the year following their graduation to migrate their data.
Google’s new storage limits apply across all Holy Cross accounts, and currently alumni Google accounts take up a significant percentage of our storage space. By discontinuing alumni accounts we can best leverage Google services and storage for current students, faculty, and staff in support of teaching and learning. If you wish to retain what is stored in your Holy Cross Google account, you will have to transfer this data to a personal Google account. If you have a significant amount of data stored in Google or your Gmail we recommend that you delete older unused files or emails before transferring any data.
- Create a personal Google account if you do not already have one.
- Update your contact information with the Alumni Office to reflect your personal email account. Update information.
- Transfer your Holy Cross Google data into your personal Google account. Use the Google Takeout Transfer feature to import your information. If you have a significant amount of data stored in Google or your Gmail we recommend that you delete older unused files or emails before transferring any data. You can buy more storage space from Google if needed in your personal account.
- If you have a Federal Perkins Loan or Holy Cross Loan that continues to be in a repayment or deferred status, you will need to log into Heartland/ECSI and update your loan account with a current email address.
Once an account is deactivated there is no forwarding. We suggest that you set up auto forwarding in your Gmail prior to its discontinuation. Automatically Forward Gmail Messages to Another Account
Alternatively, you can set an auto response (out of office) and include your personal email address in the message. Out of Office or Vacation Reply
Alumni are responsible for updating their subscriptions and services to a personal email address.
We do not anticipate any changes to the policies currently in place for employees leaving the College.
Alumni can sign up for the service using a different email address. All data is stored in Star, so nothing needs to be transferred from your existing account.
No, this isn't a viable option.
You need to be logged into your Holy Cross account to start the process.