Self Service Passphrase Reset (SSPR) an application available for managing Holy Cross network accounts.
Available to faculty, staff, students
A network account passphrase can be updated at any time. Security questions can be set and used to change a forgotten passphrase.
Security Questions/Answers for easy reset.
A Help Desk pin number can be set for easier user verification process when talking to ITS Help Desk staff.
- Registering with the service by logging in and answering security question enables help with future password problems and lock outs.
- Passwords must be changed once per year to enhance security and can be changed anytime using the passphrase change service.
- An account is locked after 5 incorrect tries for a passphrase.
- The account owner receives an email notification when their password is changed using the Password Change service.
- Active network account
- Connection to the internet with a web browser
- Register with the passphrase change service at http://apps.holycross.edu/password/ and create security questions to enable you to reset your own passphrase if you forget it.
- Choose a secure passphrase that follows the Information Security Passphrase policy.
- Change your passphrase by logging in with your current Holy Cross network username and passphrase. Follow the steps under the Change Passphrase tab.
- Reset a forgotten passphrase by choosing the “Reset Your Passphrase” link and answering the security questions