Holy Cross owned computers that are on the replacement schedule, Desktops are on a 5 year replacement cycle and laptops are on a 4 year replacement cycle.
Faculty, staff, labs, classrooms
- Provides new hardware technologies.
- Notifications are sent to the Chair or Department head each spring listing which computers in their department are up for replacement.
- Computers for new academic positions are coordinated with the department chair at the time of hire.
- Provides predictable refresh of college equipment to minimize disruption.
- Faculty may request to defer their upgrade to the next fiscal year.
- Each employee with an instructional or business need is issued a single computer, either a laptop or desktop, based on justified need.
- Computers are procured based on standard hardware configurations to ensure needs are met, hardware and software are compatible, and purchasing is cost effective.
- Computers are replaced in a systematic process defined in the Computer Upgrade Program.
- Problems with computers are supported and repaired through the ITS Help Desk.
- All hardware must be returned to ITS at the time of the scheduled upgrade appointment.
- Faculty and staff will not be able to purchase their equipment at the end of the hardware cycle.