All files located on the computers hard drive will need to be backed up
(moved or copied) prior to a reimage or setup of new computer.
M:\ or P:\ drives.
Backing up Your Files
First check for files located under My Documents. Files in this location should
be copied to a safe location such as your P:\ drive.
The number next to Size would be the total space being used for the My Documents folder.
Backing up Your Bookmarks
- CTRL & SHIFT and letter B
- Click import and backup on toolbar
- Select export bookmarks to HTML
- Browse to P:\ drive, name the file and click save
- CTRL & SHIFT and O (letter o)
- Click organize
- Select export bookmarks to HTML File
- Browse to your P:\ drive (default name of the file is bookmark and the date)
- Click Save
Internet Explorer 9/10
- click the Star Icon on the upper right corner of the browser
- Click the drop down box next to Add to Favorites
- Select Import and export
- Click the box next to Favorites, click feeds if used
- Click next
- Name the file IEBooksmarks.html is default
- Browse to your P:\drive, if it isn't already shown, and click save
- Click export