Use in conjunction with “Best Value” high deductible health plans only.
- Tax-advantaged account established to pay for qualified health care expenses (current and future)
- Funds go in before tax, fund accruals are tax free and if funds are used for qualified health care expenses you never pay tax
- 2020 Contribution Limits: $3,550 individual / $7,100 family (all tiers); $1,000 catch-up contribution for 55 and older
- College contributes to HSA (in January): $500 per individual and $1,000 per family (all tiers)
- Account is individually owned and full portable – it’s your money!
- Unused funds are carried over from year-to-year – no “use it or lose it”!
- Flexibility to manage your HSA funds: increase, decrease or stop your contributions at any time throughout the year – including ability to “pre-load” at the start of the year
- Best Value HSA Presentation
- HSA Election/Change Form