Our mission at Holy Cross seeks to build a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility made possible through the commitment of our faculty, staff and students to embrace the call to be “men and women for and with others.” One cornerstone of Workforce Development is creating and promoting opportunities for employees to engage with one another both on campus and in our larger Worcester community and beyond.
Holy Cross Community & Campus Opportunities
As a member of the faculty or staff here at Holy Cross, there are several opportunities to become more involved with others in our campus community. Learn more about those opportunities here.
HR Community Partnerships
Holy Cross Human Resources seeks to engage our Holy Cross community in connecting with the larger Worcester community in service of our recruitment and workforce development efforts. We are excited about the partnerships that we have established with the organizations below. For further information about these partnerships, to establish new partnerships, or to get involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice are woven throughout the fabric of the College mission, and are paramount in all aspects of the community. Our recruitment practices are driven by efforts to enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff. We are very fortunate to have several local community organizations we have partnered with that support us in hiring talented individuals with a variety of backgrounds.
- Ascentria, African Community Education Center, and New Citizens Center Secondary School are just some of the organizations who support newly immigrated individuals who have arrived in Worcester.
- Greater Worcester Employment Resources Collaborative is spearheaded by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission to support individuals with disabilities with their search for employment. Open Sky Community Services and the Center for Living and Working are also supported in this group. Holy Cross is honored to have a HR representative on the board and regularly meets to assist individuals with resume feedback, interviewing skill development, and job opportunity connections.
- Seven Hills Foundation - This organization provides exceptional integrated clinical, educational and community-based supports to children and adults with disabilities and significant life challenges. We are excited to have a longstanding partnership with our Dining Services department providing employment opportunities and job training with Seven Hills participants.
Internships & Outreach
The College is committed to partnering with the community to create mutually beneficial opportunities for learning, development, and employment experiences.
- Worcester Public Transitions Program/ Horace Mann Educational Associates - WPS partners with HMEA to support young adults with intellectual disabilities in their pursuit of employment opportunities. Our Dining Services department offered internships tol individuals in the program, and upon completion, hired several of the individuals.
- South High Community High School - Part of the WPS, South High’s Chapter 74 program offers vocational opportunities in conjunction with students’ high school curriculum. We are very excited to be partnering with the Culinary Program as an initial cohort here at Holy Cross.
Worcester Chamber of Commerce
Holy Cross is proud to be a member of the Chamber of Commerce. As a member-driven organization, the Chamber works on behalf of businesses to create valuable programs and events that help to grow their networks, advocate for favorable, business-friendly public policy, work with our partners to assist with economic development efforts that create more opportunities and jobs, and support individual members on a variety of issues.
- Networking Opportunities - the Chamber hosts several events that are open to Holy Cross employees.
- Leadership Worcester & Development - The College is proud to help sponsor employee’s participation in Leadership Worcester, a 10-month leadership development
- Other Benefits
Government & Community Relations
The Office of Government and Community Relations works with local, state and federal governments, neighbors and community partners to develop mutually beneficial partnerships that improve our community through opportunities to learn, serve and enjoy the City of Worcester.
Their goal is to build and maintain relationships with our neighbors and community partners that help to support and celebrate the diverse and rich cultural, educational, social, and religious make up of our community. We do so by coordinating and facilitating student internships, service opportunities, and collaborations with local schools, non-profits, and neighborhood organizations.
Learn more about the Community Engagement Committee, volunteer opportunities, and community based learning/internships here.