Holy Cross Human Resources Community Engagement
Holy Cross Human Resources seeks to engage our Holy Cross community in connecting with the larger Worcester community in service of our recruitment and workforce development efforts. We are excited about the partnerships that we have established with the organizations below. For further information about these partnerships, to establish new partnerships, or to get involved, please contact us at Workforcedevelopment@holycross.edu.
African Community Education Center (ACE)
- Program Overview: The mission of African Community Education is to assist African refugee and immigrant youth and families in achieving educational and social stability through access to academic support, leadership development, cultural expression, and community outreach. Holy Cross Human Resources assists in resume review, as well as presenting information to high school students about college and other options for employment.
- Program Information: https://www.africancommunityeducation.org/
Greater Worcester Employment Resources Collaborative (GWERC)
- Program Overview: A person with a disability has to work even harder to compete in a very tight job market. In order to counteract this disparity, the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) has forged partnerships with the business community to promote the employment of people with disabilities. The MRC has developed both Employer Boards, including the Greater Worcester Employment Resource Collaborative, to identify greater employment opportunities for job seekers with disabilities. This program is also affiliated with Open Sky Community Services, which is a Human Services Agency serving Worcester and Central Massachusetts.
- Program Information: https://www.openskycs.org/
Horace Mann Education Association (HMEA)
- Program Overview: HMEA offers people with disabilities and their families comprehensive services that span a lifetime. Their administrative office is located in Franklin, MA, and their service area extends to over 110 communities in the Commonwealth’s Central, Southeastern and Eastern regions. Holy Cross Human Resources assists with the HMEA’s Transitional and Community Services (TRACS) helping students with special needs, ages 16- to 22-years-old, make a successful transition from school to higher education or work. Through this program, we provide participants with externship hours working alongside our staff at Holy Cross.
- Program Information: https://www.hmea.org/childrens-services/tracs/
Seven Hills Foundation
- Program Overview: Seven Hills Foundation provides exceptional integrated clinical, educational and community-based supports to children and adults with disabilities and significant life challenges. Seven Hills has a long standing relationship with the College, connecting their constituents to employment opportunities with Holy Cross.
- Program Information: https://www.sevenhills.org/
South High School Culinary Program, Worcester Public Schools
- Program Overview: The Culinary program located at South High School is designed to educate and prepare students to become entry -level workers in the foodservice industry. Students will learn the necessary skills to prepare food for restaurant, private, or corporate settings. Eligible students in the South High Program have the opportunity to participate in Cooperative Education and Internship experiences at a variety of approved learning sites across the city in their junior and/or senior year. Holy Cross currently hosts students through this program.
- Program Information: https://worcesterschools.org/academics/career-pathways/the-culinary-program/
Worcester Chamber of Commerce
- Program Overview: The Chamber’s roundtable initiatives provide their members with opportunities to share the issues they face as they operate their business, to seek support from each other, and to learn about programs and benefits. Leadership Worcester is an initiative of the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce. The program engages promising new professionals in greater Worcester’s civic life and offers training and skill development to connect them with key players. Holy Cross Human Resources currently participates in the HR Roundtable/Breakfast Club and encourages participation in Leadership Worcester.
- Program Information: https://www.worcesterchamber.org/programs/leadership-programs/, https://www.worcesterchamber.org/policy-advocacy/roundtable-forums/