- General Information
- College Closings or Delays
- HR Self Service (PeopleSoft) and Kronos Instructions
- Online Training Opportunities
- Suggestion Box
The College Employee Handbook (PDF)
The handbook reflects current College personnel policies, practices, and employee benefits. As in any progressive organization, the College may change these policies, practices and benefits from time to time.
Directory of College Policies (PDF)
A collection of college policies, procedures and forms.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In accordance with the Clery Act, Holy Cross is required to publish an Annual Security Report with comprehensive information on campus safety and security. Hard copies are available by contacting the Department of Public Safety at 508-793-2224, or by making a request in person at the Department of Public Safety, which is located on the campus in the Field House.
Inclement weather can force a change in normal operations, including early release, delayed arrival or cancellation.
HR Policies During Inclement Weather
- Emergency Personnel - Non-Exempt Hourly (DOC)
- Emergency Personnel - Exempt Salaried (DOC)
- Non-Emergency Personnel - Non-Exempt Hourly (DOC)
- Non-Emergency Personnel - Exempt Salaried (DOC)
- Faculty (DOC)
- My Self Service-My College Emergency Notify (PDF)
Click the following links for instructions.
PeopleSoft Self Service
- Open Enrollment Quick Sheet 2018 (DOC)
- My Benefit Statement (PDF)
- My Emergency Notifications - Self Service Instructions (PDF)
- I9 Self-Service Instructions (PDF)
- Payroll Self Service Instructions (PDF)
- HR Verification of I9 Instructions (PDF)
- My Paid Time Off Taken (PDF)
- My Direct Reports - For Managers (PDF)
Holy Cross requires that all employees complete specific training sessions offered by the college. All employees are to complete the following online trainings.
Our Holy Cross mission statement speaks of a community marked by mutual respect. Our Holy Cross community of trust depends on adherence to standards regarding human identity, any expression of which must affirm the integrity and dignity of oneself and others. To help achieve this goal, the College conducts online harassment training for all employees.
Data Security Awareness
The College invests in various technology resources to keep our systems and data secure, but our first lines of defense are informed and careful employees. To that end, and as mandated by various requirements, the College conducts online data security awareness training for all employees.
Manager/Supervisor Practices Training
HR offers training in good people management practices using training materials from DDI, a best-in-class training program. To sign up for a DDI class look for regular announcements on the HR Weekly Update or contact Kate Kilby at ext. 3568 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The DDI management training suite consists of these classes:
- Communication for Leadership Success (pre-requisite for all classes)
- Coaching for Peak Performance
- Resolving Workplace Conflict
- More topics to follow
Other Training Opportunities
Throughout the year, Human Resources offers various training events and seminars with the goal of improving workplace dynamics, performance management and development, and to help employees better manage work-life balances.
Management Advisory Group
Human Resources, holds Management Advisory Group meetings to share information with managers regarding College policies and procedures, as well as to provide status updates on projects and programs. The goal is for managers to return to their departments and update their staff, ensuring that important information is communicated campuswide.
The College holds Management Advisory Group meetings three times per year (fall, spring and summer). Dates on future EIS meetings are sent out via email and “save the dates” are communicated via the the HR Weekly Update.
Presentations from previous meetings have been recorded and can be viewed by members of the Holy Cross community by clicking the links below. Users will need to log into Moodle to gain access to the video recordings.
- Mag Meeting - June 26, 2019
- MAG Meeting - June 13, 2018
- MAG Meeting - Feb. 28, 2018
- MAG Meeting - Sept. 19, 2017
Employee Information Sessions
Human Resources, holds Employee Information Sessions (EIS) meetings to share information with all employees regarding College policies and procedures, as well as to provide status updates on projects and programs. The goal is to share an abbreviated amount of information from the Management Advisory Group meetings with everyone in case the managers forget to return to their departments and update their staff, and the information is consistently communicated campuswide.
The College holds Employee Information Sessions one week to one month after the Management Advisory Group meetings, three times per year (fall, spring and summer). Dates on future EIS meetings are sent out via email and “save the dates” are communicated via the the HR Weekly Update.
Holy Cross employees have access to online training opportunities including anti-harassment, risk management and supervisory training programs through EduRisk. Click the below links for more information, instructions and a link to the EduRisk Training platform. To access the EduRisk training, simply create a user account and take the online training.
- Avoiding Supervisory Pitfalls
- Mosaic: Prevent Harassment Together - Supervisor Version
- Mosaic: Prevent Sexual Violence Together
- Protecting Children: Hiring Staff Who Work With Minors
- Mosaic: Prevent Harassment Together -Faculty & Staff Version
- Mosaic: Prevent Sexual Violence Together
- Protecting Children: Identifying and Reporting Sexual Misconduct
- Protecting Children: Shine A Light
- Workplace Harassment Prevention - Fundamentals: Spanish Version
- Contracting Fundamentals
- Crisis Response Planning
- Driver Safety Training
- Short-term International Programs
- Teaching Science Safely
- FERPA: Protecting Student Privacy
Thank you for your willingness to share your ideas for helping Holy Cross. All ideas for improving the College are welcome. We are especially interested in suggestions for reducing costs and eliminating waste.
Don't worry if you cannot provide all the information necessary to implement your idea at this time. All suggestions will be reviewed and evaluated equally. However, the more information you can provide about your idea, the better it can be reviewed and acted upon.