The mission of our student philanthropy efforts is to provide students a perspective on giving back, to promote awareness of the ways alumni generosity impacts student life, and to continue the legacy of philanthropy that enhances all facets of a Holy Cross education.
The College of the Holy Cross was founded on donor generosity. This tradition is one of our oldest and proudest, and one that our loyal and active alumni body carries on today. It is an extension of our mission to educate women and men who will make a difference in the world.
For more information about our student philanthropy programs, or to learn more about getting involved, please call the Holy Cross Fund office at (877) 433-1843.
The Senior Class Gift effort presents graduating seniors an opportunity to take part in the great tradition at Holy Cross of giving back. With more than 50% alumni participation, the Holy Cross community has a remarkable story to tell about satisfaction and loyalty. This level of donor participation runs counter to trends in higher education, and consistently places Holy Cross among the top 10 colleges and universities nationwide.
The Senior Class Gift campaign encourages seniors to make their first gift (of any amount) to Holy Cross by participating in this collective act of philanthropy. As seniors transition from Holy Cross students to alumni, they can show their appreciation by paying it forward for future students and by becoming part of this notable tradition of giving back. For many, the drive is a meaningful start to a long-term relationship with the College as both donors and as volunteers.
They Can Hear You!
Nobody knows Holy Cross like our students do. Participating in the senior class gift is a vote of confidence that speaks volumes to alumni and others who think about giving.
Why Give Back?
- Pay it forward! Many of the opportunities today's students enjoy are made possible by annual gifts to the Holy Cross Fund and Crusader Athletics Fund.
- The College needs your support. Tuition, room and board only cover part of the costs for a Holy Cross education, so support from alumni, parents and friends helps fill the gap.
- Overall participation sends an important message about the Holy Cross experience! There is no minimum donation to the senior class gift, so a gift of any size counts and makes a difference.
- Holy Cross is committed to providing access and is among a select number of schools who meet 100% of a student’s demonstrated financial need. In fact, more than 60 percent of students receive some form of financial aid, which is financed in large part by the generosity of our donors.
- Seniors can give to honor their passions such as athletics, the Chaplains’ programs, academic departments, financial aid, and many other areas.
A Collective Act of Giving: The Class of 2015 Campaign
Throughout their final year on Mount St. James, members of the Class of 2015 Senior Gift Committee joined generations of volunteers whose loyalty and passion keep Holy Cross moving forward. They chatted over meals, hosted meetings with senior College administrators and organized a number of pub nights in Crossroads — creative ways to encourage their classmates to make their first gift to Holy Cross.
Their collective hard work and dedication paid off! For the first time in many years, the class achieved more than 50 percent participation overall, which included an impressive 93 percent participation rate by senior student athletes and a number of leadership gifts.