Eligibility and Procedures
Every Holy Cross alumnus/alumna is eligible to be a member of the Board of Directors. Each term is three years and begins on July 1. Members are eligible to serve a second three-year term if elected.
At its January 2023 meeting, the HCAA’s Nominations and Elections Committee will review each of the applications and select a slate of candidates to be presented for review at the 2023 HCAA Winter Homecoming Board meeting The final slate of nominees will be ratified at the June 2023 HCAA Board meeting.
- Three representatives will be chosen from each of the following class year groupings:
- 1983 and earlier
- Two representatives are chosen from current or past regional club presidents
- Two at-large/affinity positions - Priority will be given to those coming from the many affinity groups of the alumni. These affinity groups include but are not limited to alumni of color, first generation, former varsity athletes, LGBTQ+, and the O’Callahan Society (ROTC).
Roles and Responsibilities
Actively and faithfully seek ways to advance the efforts of the HCAA in pursuit of its mission to engage all alumni for life.
- Attend the three board meetings each year in person or virtually. Meetings are held in September/October, January/February and June.
- Attend the HCAA Dinner (held annually on the Friday evening of Fall Homecoming).
- Serve actively on an assigned committee
- Actively seek to be informed and involved in the HCAA’s annual set of goals and objectives.
- Review agenda and supporting materials before Board and committee meetings.
- Advance the mission of the HCAA.
- Represent and advocate for all Holy Cross alumni.
- Encourage participation by other alumni in the HCAA Board and its core regional activities.
- Maintain loyalty to the Board and discretion when discussing its internal affairs.
Nominations are due by November 30, 2022.
Download nomination form (PDF)
Do you have questions or need more information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kristyn M. Dyer '94, HCAA Executive Secretary at 508-793-2418.