The Holy Cross Physicians Association (HCPA) serves as the primary organization connecting alumni physicians with the greater Holy Cross community.
The HCPA facilitates lifelong learning, professional networking and mentorship opportunities. The group upholds the Jesuit tradition through the steadfast pursuit of excellence and dedicated service to those in need. Specifically, the HCPA:
- Serves as a forum for alumni physicians to exchange ideas pertaining to the practical, intellectual and ethical challenges with the field of medicine
- Enhances pre-healthcare education through lasting, collaborative relationships between alumni physicians, faculty and students
- Offers support and mentorship to current students or graduates in pursuit of admission to medical, osteopathic and other allied health schools
- Strengthens the reputation of Holy Cross by recognizing the outstanding and lasting accomplishments graduates within the medical field
We all know that the life of a physician is incredibly busy. To become a general member of the HCPA requires minimal time commitment. If you are at a point in your career which affords a bit more time, consider a spot on the HCPA Board of Directors or on a planning committee.
We need you! Share your ideas. Express appreciation for your alma mater and help shape the future cadre of Holy Cross physicians. Become an engaged member of the HCPA today.
- Join the group by registering online >>
- Join the private listserv to connect with fellow physician alumni, seek and receive consultation regarding general and specific medical issues. To join, email Mike Dubik at email@example.com.
- Connect with the Health Professions Advising Program >>
Outstanding individuals (or groups) and their work are recognized through three types of awards:
Lifetime Achievement- Recognizing an exemplary career.
Distinguished Service- Recognizing outstanding achievement.
Hall of Honor- Recognizing the outstanding achievements and careers of those who came before us.
Awardees will be physicians or other contributors to medicine.
Awardees will be members of the Holy Cross community.
The work of the individual or group must be in keeping with the Jesuit tradition of service for and with others and bring esteem to the College.
Nominations were open through March 31, 2022.
Award recipients will be announced in the summer 2022.
Awards will be presented during the 2022 Fall Homecoming weekend.
Submit a Nomination:
Nominations are currently closed.
- Mentorship: We hope to create one on one mentorship programs and formalize shadowing experiences for students, in collaboration with the pre-health advisory faculty.
- Professional Development: We envision lectures on general medical topics by a distinguished alumnus/a once a semester for CME.
- Recognition: We will highlight accomplishment by HC physician graduates and create an annual award recognizing an individual alumni physician who has made an invaluable contribution to the field of medicine.
Gap Year Experiences
Facilitator: Cristin Colford, MD, Class of 1996
Haylie Butler '17, MS2, Harvard SOM (Gap: Fulbright in Spain, Boston Healthcare for Homeless)
Anthony Criscitiello '17, MS4, Wake Forest University SOM, (Gap: Research Assistant, UNC)
Kira Niederhoffer '16, MS3, Duke University SOM, (Gap: Research Tech, MGH)
Cecelia Plaehn '16, MS3, Creighton University SOM (Gap: JVC, Mental Health Counselor)
Katie Trymbulak '18, MS2, Netter SOM at Quinnipiac University (Gap: CRC/CRA at UMass)
Miles Cahill, PhD, Holy Cross Health Professions Advisor
Event Date: April 21, 2022
|Global Health Experiences||February 23, 2022||Donna LaFontaine '18, Warren Alpert School of Medicine; William Hennrikus '78, Penn State College of Medicine/ Tim Tebow CURE hospital, Davao, Philippines; Robert (Bob) Ferris '92, United States Agency for International Development (USAID)|
|HC Physicians Association Recording: Fall 2021 Homecoming Presentations||October 2, 2021||Marcus Stoddard, MD '78, University of Louisville; Louis McIntyre, MD '80, US Orthopedic Partners; Mary-Jane Staba Hogan, MD, MPH '86, Yale School of Medicine; Mike Dubik, MD '78, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth|
|About HC Health Professions Advising||April 14, 2021||Dr. Miles Cahill, Health Professions Advisor and Chair of Committee|
Karen Heveron Bagdonas ’90
James Bourgeois '78
Cristin Colford ’96
Mary-Jane Hogan ’86
Robert Klein ’73
Louis McIntyre ’80
Christopher Morin ’70
Keith Muccino '74
Richard Palu ’76
Robert Pollard ’80
Joseph Quaranta ‘94
Marcus Stoddard ’78
William Tosches ’67
Kevin Twohig ’78
The Office of Alumni Relations is eager to help plan HCPA activities and serve as liaison between the HCPA and the Holy Cross administration.
For more information, please contact Maura Sweeney, Director of Alumni Career & Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-793-2418.