How to Nominate Yourself or a Classmate
Nominations are due by October 27, 2017. Each nomination form should include the following information:
- A statement of interest - required
- Offices held as an alumnus/a in his or her class, regional club or HCAA and accomplishments
- Listing of relevant activities and involvement in the community, church, civic organizations, etc.
- Any relevant professional or personal experience
Do you have questions or need more information?
Email Kristyn M. Dyer '94, HCAA Executive Secretary,
or call (508) 793-2418.
Two representatives will be chosen from each of the following class year groupings:
- 1978 and earlier
In addition, two representatives are chosen from current or past regional club presidents and one at large position representing the affinity groups of the HCAA. These affinity groups could include Athletics, ALANA, Women, ROTC, etc.
At its November 2017 meeting, the HCAA’s Nominations and Elections Committee will review each of the applications and develop a slate of candidates to be presented for review at the 2018 HCAA Winter Homecoming Board meeting. The final slate of nominees will be ratified at the June 2018 HCAA Board meeting.
Roles and Responsibilities
Purpose: Actively and faithfully seek ways to advance the efforts of the HCAA in pursuit of its mission to engage all alumni for life.
- Attend the three board meetings each year in person or by remote connection (Held in September/October, January/February and June).
- Attend the HCAA Dinner (held annually on the Friday evening of Fall Homecoming).
- Serve on one or two committees each year.
- Actively seek to be informed and involved in the HCAA’s annual set of goals and objectives.
- Review agenda and supporting materials before Board and committee meetings.
- Serve actively on assigned committee(s).
- Advance the mission of the HCAA.
- Represent and advocate for all Holy Cross alumni.
- Encourage participation by other alumni in the HCAA Board and its core and regional activities.
- Maintain loyalty to the Board and discretion when discussing its internal affairs.