Academic Conference - CBL/J.D. Power Center Session, Wednesday, April 28th, Time TBD
CBL faculty development event: Symposium on Anti-Racist Community Engagement and luncheon, Friday, March 31st, 11am-4pm & Monday, April 3rd, 12-1pm
- Join the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education, Campus Compact, UMass Dartmouth, the New England Equity and Engagement Consortium, and the Digital Ethnic Futures Lab at Dartmouth College for their second Symposium on Anti-Racist Community Engagement from 11am-4pm on March 31, 2023. The symposium will feature panels and workshops led by: authors from a forthcoming book on Anti-Racist Community Engagement to be published by Campus Compact in Summer 2023 and Members of the New England Equity and Engagement Consortium on a new vision of civic learning outcomes grounded in racial equity. You can find the registration link here: Symposium on Anti-Racist Community Engagement (compact.org). Registration is free for Campus Compact members (Holy Cross is a campus compact member). Faculty can attend virtually or in-person.
- Following the symposium, on Monday, April 3rd from 12-1pm, The Donelan Office will be holding a CBL faculty lunch for attendees to debrief their learnings (and for anyone who wants to join in the conversation and check-in about CBL). RSVP to Isabelle Jenkins (email@example.com).
CBL Dialogue Session for Divine Cluster CBL Students, Wednesday, November 30th, 4:30-6:30pm, Loyola Ballroom
- Students from the Divine Cluster will gather with CBL Interns and MONT student leaders to reflect on their CBL experience in the fall semester and/or look toward their CBL experience in the spring semester.
CBL/SIA faculty development event: “Engaging Community Partners as Co-Educators, Comrades, and Co-Conspirators," Wednesday, November 9th, 2-4:30pm, Levis Browsing Room
- This event will be a viewing party of the Campus Compact virtual workshop on engaging community partners and then a gathering to discuss and reflect on our workshop learnings and network between our programs. The event will be from 2-4:30pm (workshop is 2-3:30pm, with an hour of follow-up) on Wednesday, November 9th in Levis Browsing Room (Dinand). Refreshments will be provided. Please register for Campus Compact’s workshop and RSVP to Isabelle Jenkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re able to join us.
Community Engagement Pop-Up! Wednesday, October 5th, 4pm, Hogan Suite A
CBL Orientation, Monday, September 5th, 4-6:30pm, Hogan Ballroom
- Students in select CBL courses will join the Donelan Office for a brief CBL orientation and CBL sign-ups. Students from the following courses are expected to attend: ANTH 101, LATN 101, MONT 100D, MONT 106D, MONT 150D, MONT 152D, POLS 219, PSYC 328, PSYC 337, and SPAN 415. Students have the option of attending the first session (4-5pm) or the second session (5:30-6:30pm). Students in attendance will also have the opportunity to learn about transportation options for CBL and Community Service Work Study.