Make sure your apartment has enough off-street parking available for each tenant's automobile.
Many streets in the College Hill neighborhood have resident permit parking only. This means you cannot park on the street without a resident permit. To be eligible for the permit you must be a Worcester resident, pay excise tax on your vehicle to the City of Worcester, register your vehicle in Massachusetts and insure your car in Worcester. On a year-to-year basis, the college has offered a limited number of parking permits for students living off-campus. Consult the Parking webpage for more information.
The City of Worcester has a parking ban in effect from Dec. 1 through March 31 on many streets including College Street. Automobiles that violate the ban are towed. The ban prohibits cars from being parked in identified areas between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. and eliminates parking in other areas. Pay attention to signs and information listed in the Worcester Telegram and Gazette for specific information about your street.
- Department of Public Safety (emergency line) - 508-793-2222
- Department of Public Safety (routine calls line) - 508-793-2224
- Health Services - 508-793-2276
- Office of Student Affairs - 508-793-2414
- Chaplains' Office - 508-793-2448
- Worcester Police Department - 508-799-8600
- Worcester Fire Department - 508-799-1816