Approximately 200 upper-class students reside in Healy Hall, located on Easy Street between the Hogan Campus Center and Lehy.
Like all of The Hill residence halls, Healy Hall has a study room, used for individual and group study sessions. The basement of Healy also has a social room with a TV, an activity room, and a community kitchen equipped with a stove, oven, and microwave. Laundry facilities are also available.
You will find one desk, desk chair, desk lamp, dresser, bookcase, and bed per occupant. Rooms are 12’ x 18’ with tiled floors. Every room has a window and blinds. Each bed is a twin and uses extra long sheets. “College size” sheets are recommended. As overhead lighting is not provided, students are encouraged to bring an extra, non-halogen, lamp.
Healy Hall, built in 1962, is named after Bishop James A. Healy, a member of the Class of 1849, and the first African-American graduate of Holy Cross. Six resident assistants (RAs), one head resident assistant (HRA), and an area coordinator (AC), a professional staff member, reside and work in Healy. The RAs and House Council host events throughout the year to build community in the hall.
Here is a floor plan for a typical room in Healy Hall.