FAQs for First Year Student Bill Payers

The fall semester bill will be available towards the end of June and is due on August 1st.  The spring semester bill will be available shortly before Thanksgiving and is due on January 1st.

No. Holy Cross only offer e-billing online via TouchNet Bill+Payment. Students will receive an email to their Holy Cross email account with instructions on how to access the e-bill. Any authorized user that has been granted access to the student's account by the student will be copied on the same email.

Your tuition statement will include the following:
Previous Balance due (if applicable)
Current charges which could include
Housing and Food Charges
Health Service Fee
Student Activity Fee
Health Insurance

Payments Received
Anticipated Financial Aid
Payment Plan Contract (if applicable)
Balance Due

Anticipated Financial Aid represents any award, with the exception of Federal Work Study, which has been granted by or due to the College.  This can include:

College of the Holy Cross Grants
ROTC Scholarships and Outside Scholarships
State Grants
Federal Loans and grants
Approved and certified private loans     

Massachusetts law states that if a student is enrolled more than half time, that student must be covered by an insurance plan that meets the Massachusetts Qualifying Student Medical Insurance Plan (QSHIP) requirements.  All  students are billed for insurance every year.  Each year a student must either complete the on-line waiver of insurance by August 15th in order to have a credit posted to their tuition account and to confirm continued coverage in another insurance plan OR enroll in the student health insurance plan offered by the College.

Holy Cross has partnered with University Health Plans and Blue Cross Blue Shield to provide student health insurance.  The insurance coverage is through Blue Cross Blue Shield with University Health Plans (UHP) providing administrative support for enrollment and customer service for general insurance questions.  The waiver and enrollment process is handled on the UHP website. 

Students can access the UHP website by going to the Bursar webpage titled “Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance” and clicking on the UHP link.  Once on the UHP site, the student will need their Holy Cross ID number and Holy Cross email address. 

Please note:  Neither the waiver nor the enrollment process can be accessed with the parent or authorized user login credentials.  It can take 24-48 hours for a Waiver of Health Insurance to be reflected on the student’s tuition account.

No.  The Health Service Fee is a mandatory charge billed to all students every semester that they are attending classes at the College.  This fee is used to cover the costs and expenses associated with operating the Health Services facility located in Loyola Hall.

The College has partnered with TouchNet Bill+Payment for parents and other authorized users to access statements, current account activity, payment plans, and one-time payment options. The student controls who has access to TouchNet Bill+Payment and what information they may view.   Under FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act), a student’s account is private unless he/she grants access to it.  A student can grant access to others by creating an authorized user account.  If no authorized user is established, only the student will have access to his/her e-bill and grades. Students are encouraged to grant access to their parents.

Grades and Financial Aid notifications will be available on the Parent Portal.

Most 529 plans send checks directly to the College, either based on an invoice supplied by the holder of the 529 plan OR by completing a form with the 529 plan requesting a certain dollar amount.  There are a few plans that request that the College work with them as Third Party Payers.  This means that we will have to invoice the 529 plan and will not anticipate, on the student account directly, the amount to be sent to the College.  These 529 plans include the Florida Prepaid Plan.

Holy Cross tuition is charged on a flat fee per term basis which includes the cost of each student’s normal academic curriculum requirements for that term.  If a student decides to enroll in an additional class or to drop a class, the cost does not change.

“View Statements” provides you with every e-bill released by the Bursar Office.  To view a bill, you will need to click on the billing date.  As the bill is a pdf file, you will need to be sure that your pop-up blockers are off.  The online billing statement is static, much like reviewing a copy of your paper bill.  This statement will reflect only those charges and payments up to the date of the billing statement.

“View Activity” provides you with the opportunity to view your tuition account in “real time”.  This is live data and is exactly what the Bursar Office would see if you were to call our office for assistance.

Payment can be made online, by mail, by wire transfer, utilizing a monthly payment plan, or in person at the Bursar Office.

Pay in Person at the Bursar Office:
You can pay with checks, cashier checks, and money orders.  Please have your check, cashier checks, or money orders made payable to "College of the Holy Cross”.

Online Payments:
The College has partnered with TouchNet Bill+Payment to offer our students and their families the option to pay the tuition balance online. Parents and authorized users can access TouchNet at this link.  Students can access TouchNet via their STAR account. Payment can be made using a checking or savings account. We also accept payments from a credit card. A convenience fee of 2.85% will be charged for the credit card transaction. (Effective May 1, 2023 the convenience fee will increase to 2.95%). Regretfully we are not able to process credit card payments in the office or over the phone.

Parents and authorized users must be granted access to the portal by the student.
To make a one-time payment simply click on “Make a Payment” once you are logged in and enter the information required. 

Mail in Your Payment:
Checks can be mailed along with the remittance slip from the online statement to:
College of the Holy Cross
Office of the Bursar
1 College Street
Worcester, MA  01610

International Wire Transfer:
The College of the Holy Cross has partnered with Flywire to provide international students with an innovative, safe and cost-effective way to make international payments. The benefits of using Flywire include:
Elimination of hidden bank fees – which ensures that Holy Cross receives the intended amount, every time.
-Multiple payment options and currencies
-Savings on exchange rates – Flywire processes the currency exchange, offering you wholesale exchange rates, unmatched by traditional banks
-Payment tracking and updates at each stage of the payment process – so no wondering where your payment is
-Payment visibility – meaning Holy Cross is able to track your payment from initiation to delivery to their account
-24/7 multilingual customer support
-Fast, safe and secure
-To ensure that your student account is properly credited in a timely and expedient fashion, please click the link to initiate your payment…  www.holycross.flywire.com

Monthly Payment Plan
Many students and their families are looking for ways to budget their educational costs The College of the Holy Cross has partnered with TouchNet Bill+Payment to offer semester payment plans beginning July 1st for the Fall semester and December 1st for the Spring semester.  With TouchNet Bill+Payment, you can plan for your educational expenses in one of the following ways eliminating the need to make a single large payment prior to each semester.

The Bursar Office will place a Registration Hold on those accounts that are carrying outstanding balances.  A Registration Hold will prevent a student from adding or dropping a class during the enrollment period.  Students, and their authorized users, will be notified via e-mail if they have a registration hold and are strongly encouraged to contact the Bursar Office.  Our goal is to avoid any unnecessary delays and problems with your registration and resolve issues prior to the start of the semester.   You should contact our office as soon as possible to resolve any billing questions you may have and see what assistance we can provide.  

A transcript restriction is placed on all accounts carrying a balance due.  A transcript restriction prevents a student from receiving an official transcript of their grades.  The tuition balance will need to be resolved before the transcript restriction can be released. 

IRS Form 1098-T is used by eligible educational institutions to report information about their students to the IRS as required by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.  Eligible educational institutions are required to submit general student enrollment information and financial data for the corresponding tax year.

The IRS requires that all submitted 1098-T forms have a social security number or tax identification number.  If one was not provided to the College when you were accepted to the school, the Bursar Office will contact you during the school year and ask you to complete IRS Form W-9S.  We are unable to submit a 1098-T form to the IRS on your behalf if you have not provided us with your social security number.

Not to worry, contact the Office of the Bursar (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST) at (508) 793-2521 or email us at bursar@holyross.edu , or visit our website for more information on the Bursar.
Office of the Bursar Mailing Address
College of the Holy Cross
Office of the Bursar
1 College Street
Worcester, MA 01610
tel:(508) 793-2521
fax:(508) 793-3045
email: bursar@holycross.edu