1. Create Your Authorized Users and Provide Consent
Parents and other individuals will have access to the Parent Portal and TouchNet Bill+Payment after you provide your electronic consent. Students must grant access for authorized users to both the Parent Portal and TouchNet Bill+Payment for the consent process to be complete.
Add authorized user in STAR
- Log into STAR
- Go the Finances Section and click on Manage Authorized Users
- Add new authorized user information
- Review each authorized user’s contact information and confirm email address entered
- Authorize access by agreeing to the consent statement
Add authorized user in TouchNet Bill+Payment
- Log into TouchNet Bill+Payment by going to STAR and clicking on “TouchNet Bill+Payment” under the Finances section
- Click on Authorized Users, listed under “My Profile Setup “on the right hand side
- Click Add Authorized User
- Enter email address of authorized user and click continue
- Authorize access by agreeing to the consent agreement
- Authorized users will receive an email with instructions to complete their access to the portals
Grades and Financial Aid Notifications will be available in the Parent Portal. Student account statements, current activity, payment plans and one-time payment options will be available in TouchNet Bill+Payment.
Please note: If you create a user but fail to agree to the consent statement, your user will not have access to these portals nor will they receive emails from the Bursar Office about billing.
2. Encourage Your Parent and Authorized Users to Access the Parent Portal
TouchNet Bill+Payment and the Parent Portal is our only means of communicating billing information and grades to you and your parents or authorized users. Students should encourage their parents to activate their access to the Parent Portal and TouchNet Bill+Payment when they receive their login credentials. If your parent or authorized user does not wish to activate their access and/or does not have access to e-mail it will be your responsibility to share grade information and ensure that bills are forwarded to them so that the appropriate payment arrangements can be made.
3. Watch Your E-Mail for Communications from STAR
The student’s Holy Cross e-mail is the official notification for the e-bill. Students will receive an e-mail when new information, such as a billing statement, is available for them to view in TouchNet Bill+Payment. Parents and other authorized users will be copied on this e-mail.
Students should regularly check their e-mail accounts for bill notification and notices regarding missing documents and financial holds. Students and authorized users should check their spam filters and mailbox limits to ensure they can always accept e-mail from the College.
Students are responsible for payment by the due date, even if e-mail notifications are not received. Even without e-mail notification, students can view bills and current account balances and track account activity through Touchnet Bill+Payment, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.