Our newly renovated athletics and recreational facilities will serve both the championship dreams and wellness goals of the entire Holy Cross student body. These dreams have become a reality through the extraordinary generosity of John Luth ’74 and Joanne Chouinard-Luth, D.M.D.
Recreation and Wellness Center
Location: Current Field House location
Design firm: Cannon Design
Groundbreaking: TBD - Contingent upon fundraising
Anticipated opening: TBD - Contingent upon fundraising
Total cost: $30 million
The highlight of the upper level of the three-story building will be a one-tenth mile suspended jogging track that looks out on the hills of Worcester. Both the second floor and upper level will house dedicated areas for weight training and cardio machines, along with shower and locker room spaces.
The building will also provide new space for our Public Safety Office, essential partners in providing for our community's well-being.
The recreation and wellness center will feature:
- Basketball courts
- Multiple exercise studios
- Weight training rooms
- New shower and locker space
- Centers for a wide assortment of health, wellness, and fitness programming
For more information on how to support the project, contact:
Greta Morgan, director of development, email@example.com or call 508-793-3656.
Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex
Location: Current facility locations
Design firm: Sasaki Associates, Inc.
Ceremonial Beam Signing & Groundbreaking: April 30, 2016 (see photos »)
Dedicated: April 2018 (view the space » and see coverage » )
Total cost: $95 million
The newly renovated, expanded Hart Center will provide our student-athletes with facilities consistent with those offered by other Division I athletic programs.
- 64,000 square foot indoor practice facility (with 100 yards of turf for use by all field sports)
- Auxiliary gymnasium for basketball team practice and volleyball practice/competition
- 3,000 square feet of new space for sports medicine
- 9,500 square feet of new space for strength and conditioning training and equipment
- Additional locker rooms for varsity teams
- Offices for all programs
- New meeting rooms/recruiting space
- Offices for all athletic administrators and athletic support services
- Exterior plaza for events