Facility Use Waiver
- Check in with HC ID ready
- Verify HC Clear to enter
- Have your clean, spare pair of athletic shoes in hand to change into
- Bring a full bottle of water to stay hydrated
- Leave extra belongings at home if possible
Health & Safety Information
Creating a safe and enjoyable culture is our top priority. Signage will be posted to inform everyone about proper cleaning and hygiene. Hand sanitizer and disposable wipes will be spread abundantly throughout the facility so students can disinfect their hands and equipment before/after use.
General Facility Policies
- Please clean all equipment before and after use with provided cleaning supplies.
- Appropriate exercise clothing and footwear are required. Upper body garments are required in all activity areas. Garments which discreetly cover the lower body are required in all areas.
- Clean, soft-soled, non-marking closed-toed, closed-heel athletic shoes are required.
- Water must be in an enclosed, unbreakable container. Food, chewing gum and other drinks are prohibited.
- Holy Cross is not responsible for any lost, stolen, damaged, or unattended items.
- With the exception of service animals, pets are not allowed on College property including in Campus Recreation facilities.
- Personal music devices are not permitted unless used with headphones. This includes radios and Bluetooth speakers.
- No unauthorized photography or videotaping.
- All equipment must remain in the building and on its respective floor.
- All equipment must be used in the manner for which it is designed.
- Intentionally slamming or dropping weights is prohibited.
- The use of hand chalk is prohibited. We encourage the use of wraps and other lifting aides.
- Weight collars must be used on barbells at all times.
- Do not lean or throw any equipment against the mirrors or walls.
- Please observe a 30 minute limit on all cardio machines during peak hours.
- Be considerate to other people using the facility. Do not sit, rest, or socialize on the equipment.
- Limit excessive noise, which may distract other patrons.
- Personal training and instruction is limited to Jo staff. Instruction for pay or trade by outside entities is not permitted.
- Track direction varies by day
- Clockwise: Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday
- Counterclockwise: Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday