The Loyola Fitness Studio in the basement of Loyola Hall features 2,800 square feet of space dedicated to cardiovascular and strength training. The space features dozens of exercise machines, strength machines, and free weights.
The exercise machines include cardio equipment and strength equipment. Cardio includes treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, and a stairclimber. Strength equipment includes free weights such as dumbbells, kettlebells, and squat racks, and also includes selectorized weight machines to easily select your designed lifting amount.
All residential students have card-swipe access to the fitness studio through a back entrance to Loyola Hall.
Accessing and Using Loyola
The Jo will be open for students, faculty, and staff when the College is in a yellow or green alert level.
Hours of Operation
Recreational operational hours for the are as follows. Reservations are no longer required, other than for fitness classes.
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Holidays and Breaks
Please note, hours will be adjusted during holiday and break periods as follows:
- Loyola Closed - Monday, Sept. 6
- The Jo & Loyola Early Closure 6:00pm - Friday, Oct. 8
- The Jo & Loyola Closed - Saturday, Oct. 9 - Sunday, Oct. 17
- Loyola Closed - Thursday, Nov. 11
- The Jo & Loyola Early Closure 6:00pm - Tuesday, Nov. 23
- The Jo & Loyola Closed - Wednesday, Nov. 24 - Sunday, Nov. 28