Group Exercise Programs
A combination of in-person classes and online classes will be taught at The Jo for students. Examples include yoga, mediation, high-intensity interval training, weight training, and spin. Visit myHC for more information and registration details.
Orientations & Goal Setting
Campus Recreation will meet with students to introduce them to the fitness facility and work with them to start or maintain a workout routine. An orientation is typically 30 minutes in length and will provide you with a tour of the building and the basics of how to use the weight machines and cardio equipment. Dress for light activity.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
The Luth Athletic Complex is available to current faculty, staff, & students for the following:
- Pool lap swim Monday-Friday 10 a.m. -2 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 12 -3 p.m.
- Note: hours adjust to 11 a.m.-2 p.m. on weekdays only during Winter Break and Summer
- Ice rink open skate is available mid-October thru mid-April, Monday-Friday 12 -1 p.m. (bring your own skates or borrow them from the Sader Center; see hours below)
- Note: not available during Winter Break
- Locker rooms are available
Recreation Equipment Loans
The Office of Student Involvement is making recreational equipment available for students to borrow at the Hogan Campus Center. Available items include ice skate loan, snowshoes, bocce ball, croquet, Spikeball, badminton, and pickleball. Available games include giant Jenga, giant connect 4, PS4 gaming equipment, and assorted board games.
- The SADER Center (Hogan 1st Floor) hours, Fall 2022: Monday - Wednesday: 11am to 4pm, Thursday: 11am to 9pm, Friday - Sunday: 1pm to 9pm.
- To check out equipment: Students should come to the SADER Center during the hours listed above and bring their Holy Cross ID to check out equipment. Students may sign out and return equipment anytime throughout the weekend, but all equipment must be returned to the SADER Center by 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- Borrowing terms: Students may only check out one set of equipment at a time. All students will be expected to clean equipment before and after use with the provided cleaning supplies.
Holy Cross's Natural Area Trails
Get some fresh air by taking a walk through the Natural Area Trails on campus. Right off McCarthy Ln, the HC community will find the Natural Area that curves behind the Athletic Fields. It's great for walking, running, listening to birds, or simply breathing some outdoor air. Try both the Purple and White trails (marked with metal signs).
- Natural Area Trail Map (PDF)