The Joanne Chouinard-Luth Recreation and Wellness Center serves the wellness goals of the Holy Cross community.
This building, which opened in 2021, became a reality through the extraordinary generosity of John Luth ’74 and Joanne Chouinard-Luth, D.M.D.
The Jo, as it is colloquially known, contains sports courts, jogging track, weight rooms, locker rooms; and rooms for yoga, spinning, and other fitness classes. The center is home to all club and intramural sports, as well as recreation, fitness, and wellness programming for students, faculty, and staff.
The building also houses the Office of Public Safety, essential partners in providing for our community's well-being.
The recreation and wellness center features:
- Gymnasium courts featuring basketball, volleyball and badminton courts
- Multiple exercise studios
- Weight training rooms
- New shower and locker space
- Centers for a wide assortment of health, wellness, and fitness programming
Accessing and Using the Jo
- As of Monday, March 8, The Jo will be open for student use by reservation in myHC when the College is in a yellow or green alert level.
Hours and Operations
Recreational operational hours for the summer are as follows. A reservation in myHC will be required through the summer.
June 2-Aug. 13
- Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Aug. 16-Aug. 22
- Closed for equipment and facility adjustments
Aug. 23 - Aug. 27
- Monday-Friday, 3:30-8 p.m.
Aug. 28 - Aug. 31
- Closed for staff training
- The Jo will open for the fall. Details and hours forthcoming this summer.