The Joanne Chouinard-Luth Recreation and Wellness Center serves the wellness goals of the Holy Cross community.
This building, which opened in 2021, became a reality through the extraordinary generosity of John Luth ’74 and Joanne Chouinard-Luth, D.M.D.
The Jo, as it is colloquially known, contains sports courts, jogging track, weight rooms, locker rooms; and rooms for yoga, spinning, and other fitness classes. The center is home for all club and intramural sports, as well as recreation, fitness, and wellness programming for students, faculty, and staff.
The building also houses the Office of Public Safety, essential partners in providing for our community's well-being.
The recreation and wellness center features:
- Gymnasium courts featuring basketball, volleyball and badminton courts
- Multiple exercise studios
- Weight training rooms
- New shower and locker space
- Centers for a wide assortment of health, wellness, and fitness programming
Accessing and Using the Jo
- As of Monday March 8, The Jo will be open for student use by reservation in myHC when the College is in a yellow or green Alert Status.
Hours and Operations
- Recreational operational hours will be Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-9 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
View the Joanne Chouinard-Luth Recreation and Wellness Center, located at the entrance of Gate 7, via our webcam.