The Joanne Chouinard-Luth Recreation and Wellness Center serves the wellness goals of the Holy Cross community.
This building, which opened in 2021, became a reality through the extraordinary generosity of John Luth ’74 and Joanne Chouinard-Luth, D.M.D.
The Jo, as it is colloquially known, contains sports courts, jogging track, weight rooms, locker rooms; and rooms for yoga, spinning, and other fitness classes. The center is home to all club and intramural sports, as well as recreation, fitness, and wellness programming for students, faculty, and staff.
The building also houses the Office of Public Safety, essential partners in providing for our community's well-being.
The recreation and wellness center features:
- Gymnasium courts featuring basketball, volleyball and badminton courts
- Multiple exercise studios
- Weight training rooms
- New shower and locker space
- Centers for a wide assortment of health, wellness, and fitness programming
Accessing and Using the Jo
The Jo will be open for students, faculty, and staff when the College is in a yellow or green alert level.
Hours and Operations
Recreational operational hours for the are as follows. Reservations are no longer required other than for fitness classes.
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Holiday and Breaks
Please note, hours will be adjusted during holiday and break periods as follows.
- Loyola Closed - Monday, Sept. 6
- The Jo & Loyola Early Closure 6:00pm - Friday, Oct. 8
- The Jo & Loyola Closed - Saturday, Oct. 9 - Sunday, Oct. 17
- Loyola Closed - Thursday, Nov. 11
- The Jo & Loyola Early Closure 6:00pm - Tuesday, Nov. 23
- The Jo & Loyola Closed Closed - Wednesday, Nov. 24 - Sunday, Nov. 28
Locker Rooms & Lockers
Locker rooms are available for changing. Showers are available (at The Jo). Day lockers and cubbies are available to store belongings while working out. Please remove all of your belongings at the completion of your workout.
Faculty and staff members who are interested in reserving a locker for the semester can submit a request through the locker request form.