Frequent Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: Is my documentation sufficient?
A: Please refer to our documentation guidelines to ensure your current documentation meets the criteria. School plans, such as IEPs or 504 plans, are not considered sufficient documentation.

Q: Why do I need updated documentation when my condition is not curable?
A: Many evaluations are performed on a child scale (if the student is under 16) and are more relative to the K-12 setting. Updated documentation helps determine reasonable accommodations at the college level and keeps students eligible for accommodations on tests, such as the GRE, MCAT, etc, and grad school if applicable. 

Q: What kinds of accommodations do you offer?
A: We provide reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Accommodations include the academic setting, housing, dining, and transportation. 

Q: Can a parent/guardian make the request for a student?
A: The student is responsible for self-disclosing their disability and making the request for accommodations. Once the student has their Holy Cross ID, Holy Cross email, and appropriate documentation, they can initiate their request in our secure Accommodate Portal.

Q: What can I do to help prepare my student for college?
A: Ensure they are familiar with their condition and their accommodation needs. Encourage self-advocacy and seeking help when needed. Familiarize yourself with resources.

Q: When will I know if I have been approved?
A: We will begin the intakes for the incoming class after our graduation (early June). The process can take at least two weeks and will include a meeting with the student and one of our staff members.