Based on a review of documentation and an interactive process with the student, reasonable accommodations will be provided on a case by case basis. It is recommended that students initiate the process before August 1st for the fall semester and before December 1st for the spring semester.
Students are responsible for creating a semester request in Accommodate each semester to create their letter of accommodation. Once letters of accommodations are ready, students will receive them via email. It is the student's responsibility to share their letter of accommodation with their professors. Processes for implementing individual accommodations will be explained in an individual meeting with the student as part of the interactive process.
Students should first contact their professor to see if they can proctor the exam. If the professor is unable to proctor the exam, please verify with your professor the in-class duration of the exam and the acceptable date and times to complete the exam. Please note that the student must provide the office with at least a 4-5 business day advanced notice. A copy of the request will be sent to the professor. Keep in mind that our office is open Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30 and all proctored exams occur during those hours. A deadline for requesting proctors for final exams will be sent to students each semester and requires at least two weeks advance notice.
Follow these instructions to request an exam proctor:
1. Log in
2. From your Accommodate portal select the Testing Room tab.
3. Select New Booking Request
4. Select the course. On the right hand side underneath the exam date select the testing room “Swords”.
5. Complete the required information. (The date/time of the exam are not changeable on this form. If any changes are needed, please indicate these changes in the “Notes” section.)
6. Submit request for processing.