Whether it’s employment, graduate school, volunteerism or fellowships, Holy Cross prepares students exceptionally well for life after graduation.
The story told by the media about liberal arts graduates being under- or unemployed is not the reality for the vast majority of Holy Cross graduates. Each year, Holy Cross conducts a survey of the graduating class. The results stand in sharp contrast to the national narrative.
Class of 2018
The following data is the result of the collected responses from the class of 2018 regarding employment, volunteer, graduate/professional school, fellowship or other plans seven months after graduation. Outcomes were reported for 625 graduates for a knowledge rate of 85 percent.
Where Are They Now?
72% of respondents reported full-time employment.
|Starting Salary Profile*|
|Salary range||$24,000 - $95,000|
Top 10 Industries
|Government, Politics & Law||7%||$41,526|
|Marketing & Advertising||3%||$49,000|
|Staffing and Recruiting||3%||$46,714|
*Students pursuing gap-year opportunities are not included in the salary data set
• Boston Children’s Hospital
• Boston Healthcare for the Homeless
• Dana Farber Cancer Institute
• Massachusetts General Hospital
• Mayo Clinic
• Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
• Mount Sinai
• Scribe America
• UMass Medical School
• Bank of America Merrill Lynch
• Deutsche Bank
• Fidelity Investments
• JP Morgan
• Morgan Stanley
• Partners Capital Investment Group
• State Street Corporation
• Wintrust Bank
• Carbon Black, Inc.
• Dell EMC
• Oracle NetSuite
• Shyft Analytics
• College of the Holy Cross
• Cristo Rey Brooklyn High School
• Kent School
• Kipp Morial Middle School
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• Natick High School
• Peking University
• Teach for America
Government, Politics & Law
• Bob Casey for Senate
• Manhattan District Attorney’s Office
• Ropes & Gray
• United States Army
• United States Navy
• Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
• Liberty Mutual Group
• The Travelers Companies
• America’s Test Kitchen
• CBS News
• Havas Media Group
• Hunter Public Relations
• Meredith Corporation
• NBCUniversal Media
Marketing and Advertising
• Horizon Media
• Ogilvy & Mather
• OMD USA
• Tremor Video
Staffing and Recruiting
• Execu|Search Group
• Heidrick & Struggles
• Insight Global
• PharmaLogics Recruiting
• Signature Consultants
14% of respondents reported going to graduate school.
7% of respondents reported volunteering full time.
|Top Four Programs||Number of Graduates|
|Jesuit Volunteer Corps||4|
|Nativity School of Worcester||3|
2% of respondents reported doing fellowships.
|Top Fellowship Programs||Number of Graduates|
|Fulbright Teaching Assistantship||5|
6% of respondents reported pursuing other opportunities.
|Additional Outcomes||Number of Graduates|
|Seeking full-time employment||1|
- Report on the Class of 2020
- Report on the Class of 2019
- Report on the Class of 2018
- Report on the Class of 2017
- Report on the Class of 2016 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2015 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2014 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2013 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2012 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2011 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2010 (PDF)