Whether it’s employment, graduate school, volunteerism or fellowships, Holy Cross prepares students exceptionally well for life after graduation.
Class of 2020
The following data is the result of the collected responses from the class of 2020 regarding employment, volunteer, graduate/professional school, fellowship or other plans seven months after graduation. Outcomes were reported for 587 graduates for a knowledge rate of 83 percent.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic that was declared in March 2020, two months before they graduated, members of the Class of 2020 are achieving at high levels of success. 94% of respondents report being employed in a job or internship, in graduate school, engaged in service work, or on a fellowship.
Where Are They Now?
67% of respondents reported full-time employment.
|Starting Salary Profile*|
|Salary range||$30,000 - $100,000|
Top 10 Industries
|Government, Politics & Law||10%||$48,666|
*Students pursuing gap-year opportunities are not included in the salary data set
• Boston Children’s Hospital
• Brigham & Women’s Hospital
• Dana Farber Cancer Institute
• Fenway Health
• Maine Medical Center
• Massachusetts General Hospital
• New York Presbyterian Hospital
• Newton Wellesley Primary Care
• St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center
• UMass Medical School
• Fidelity Investments
• Goldman Sachs
• Lloyds Bank
• Morgan Stanley
• S&P Global Ratings
• State Street Corporation
• Amazon Web Services
• Dell EMC
• Epic Systems
• Microsoft Corp
• Oracle NetSuite
• Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick
• City of Boston
• Cravath, Swaine & Moore
• Latham & Watkins
• Massachusetts Attorney General
• United States Department of Defense
• United States Department of the Treasury
• United States Air Force
• United States Marine Corps
• United States Navy
• Christo Rey New York High School
• College of the Holy Cross
• EF Education
• Natick High School
• New England Center for Children
• St. Mark’s School
• Success Academy
• Teach for America
• Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
• Hanover Insurance Group
• Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
• Zurich North America
• Ascentria Care Alliance
• Boys & Girls Club
• Central Massachusetts Housing Alliance
• Community Legal Aid
• Partners in Health
• Heidrick & Struggles
• Boston Senior Home Care
• LifeBridge Community Services
• Spectrum Health Systems
• Youth Villages
17% of respondents reported continuing their education.
6% of respondents reported volunteering full time.
|Top Four Programs||Number of Graduates|
|Jesuit Volunteer Corps||12|
|Nativity School of Worcester||3|
1% of respondents reported doing fellowships.
|Top Fellowship Programs||Number of Graduates|
|National Institutes of Health (NIH) Post-Baccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA)||2|
|Meddeas (Multilingual Education Development & Support)||2|
8% of respondents reported pursuing other opportunities.
|Additional Outcomes||Number of Graduates|
|Travel or seeking full-time employment or admission to graduate school||5|
Collaborating with the network of Holy Cross alumni, employers and campus partners, the Center for Career Development shares expertise and engages students throughout their undergraduate career to translate the liberal arts experience into meaningful vocation and a lifetime of professional achievement.
- Report on the Class of 2020
- Report on the Class of 2019
- Report on the Class of 2018
- Report on the Class of 2017
- Report on the Class of 2016 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2015 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2014 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2013 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2012 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2011 (PDF)
- Report on the Class of 2010 (PDF)