You are here

Incoming Students

Congratulations and welcome to the Class of 2024!

    General Information

    Course Advising

    Course advising by video chat will be available prior to the deadline to submit your MONT seminar and Fall 2020 course preferences. Again, watch your email for details.


    By early June will be assigned a Holy Cross G-mail account (e.g., After that you will begin to receive many important communications from key resources such as your Class Dean, the Registrar, Gateways--and, of course, Ms. Christina Chen, Asst. Dean of International Students. Official College emails will no longer be sent to personal email addresses. Please note: If you have technical problems accessing your Holy Cross G-mail account, you should use your personal email to inform Dean Chen at

    International Student Orientation

    Due to the rapidly evolving coronavirus situation, we are currently evaluating all orientation program plans and schedules. As soon as decisions are made, we will share information with you and update the website.

    Travel Information 

    Important travel information about entering the U.S.


    ​Instructions to download paloVPN, a free VPN for Holy Cross students

    Applying for an I-20 Form 

    The I-20 Form, along with your valid passport and U.S. F-1 (student) visa, is required for your entry to the U.S.  After you have made your deposit with Admissions, Ms. Jennifer Maholchic, Associate Director of Admissions, will send you instructions on how to apply for the I-20 and upload the required supporting documents. 

    • Please note : Holy Cross generally does not issue I-20s until after May 1, even for Early Decision students. 

    If you currently hold a U.S. visa other than F-1 (e.g., B-2, E-2), please notify Ms. Maholchic.  She will provide information about the next steps you must take before she can issue you an initial Form I-20.

    If you have questions about your initial I-20 Form, please contact Ms. Maholchic directly.  

    Requesting a SEVIS Transfer of Your Current I-20 Form

    If you have been studying at a U.S. high school and have a current, valid I-20 form you may request that it be transferred to Holy Cross.  Admissions will send you the “Request for F-1 Visa/Form I-20” and you should complete it, indicating that you already hold a current F-1 visa.

    Next Admissions will send you the SEVIS Transfer Request form and instructions.   Please be sure to communicate promptly with your high school's international student advisor to ensure that your SEVIS record remains active during the transfer process.  

    After you graduate high school your I-20 will be transferred to Holy Cross. At that time Dean Chen will issue your official Holy Cross I-20. You do not require a new visa unless your current F-1 visa will expire before you re-enter the U.S. to come to Holy Cross. If your visa will expire before you come to Holy Cross, you must renew it at the U.S. embassy/consulate located in your country of citizenship.

    If you or your current international student advisor have questions about the SEVIS transfer, please contact Dean Chen directly.