Important End of Year Information for Visa Students
The end of the academic year is almost upon us, so here are a few important, general reminders:
- If you need to stay in your residence hall for an extra day due to your international flight schedule, please contact the CDC in your residence hall for permission right away.
- To request summer housing on campus or to request an early arrival in August, you must email Ryan Grant to request cost information and date restrictions. Be sure to state that you are an international student but note that on-campus housing for summer and early arrivals is not free!
- Many of you need travel signatures or new I-20s in order to return to the U.S. next fall! Check your I-20. You need to see Tina Chen if:
- You have declared or changed a major
- You will be studying abroad or away next year
- The signature on page 2 of your I-20 is dated September 1, 2017 or earlier.
- If the expiry date on your passport or U.S. visa is March 1, 2019 or sooner, you need to renew while you are home this summer.
- Questions about summer storage? You can also use a paid service for secure storage, College Boxes (https://www.collegeboxes.com/global/aboutus/school.seam?s=collegeoftheholycross). For limited storage in Loyola, contact Sean Fortney of Res Life who sent you an email on May 1.
LAST CHANCE FOR TRAVEL SIGNATURES and NEW I-20s: Wednesday, May 16, 4:00 pm.
RSVP for the OIS End-of-Year Dinner on or before May 6, 2018!
March 28, 2018 - Meet the new OIS Student Advisory Board!
March 2018 Travel Reminders - Easter Break is very short and international travel is not recommended due to the potential for travel delays and missed classes. If you will be traveling abroad during Easter Break, be sure to read the travel reminders.
January 31, 2018 - You're invited to a reception!
January 18, 2018 - Important travel reminders as you return to campus for the "spring" term