Students from around the globe enrich the Holy Cross community as they share their experiences and develop their talents. The international student advisor oversees the F-1 visa program and the successful transition of students from the first year through graduation and beyond: obtaining a visa and arriving in the United States, engaging in campus life, navigating the curriculum, traveling during the semester, pursuing practical training, and preparing for jobs or graduate school in the United States.
Greetings! The Office of International Students is first and foremost a welcoming place for all students from abroad -- whether you hold F-1 visas, are dual citizens, or US citizens who have been living abroad. Through receptions, personal conversations, and workshops the international student advisor is here to promote your engagement in our community and your success here and beyond.
For F-1 visa students the advisor provides a wide range of services and connections to helpful resources across campus.
- Forms I-20 and Transfer-In forms for new students
- SEVIS record updates, term registration, and travel signatures to keep your Form I-20 current
- Authorization to work on campus, off campus, and beyond
- Miscellaneous letters of verification (e.g., for early/late housing requests, driver’s license applications)
- Support for the STEM-OPT extension
Christina Bi Chen
Office: Fenwick 204