On March 11, Holy Cross President Fr. Philip L. Boroughs, S.J. announced plans to transition to distance learning and to cancel on-campus events to help mitigate the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. Read his message to campus.
Holy Cross has made significant changes to our operations following the ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Since mid-January, the College’s Emergency Response Team, which is being directed by Denielle Burl and Shawn de Jong, has been constantly monitoring international, national and state organizations including the Center for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and we continue to follow their guidance.
There have been more than 10 confirmed cases of COVID-19 involving members of the Holy Cross community. Each of these cases emerged after the person had left campus. Based on current trends, we expect the numbers of positive cases within the Holy Cross community to increase in the upcoming weeks. We will continue to work with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and other state health agencies as appropriate, to identify risks to members of our campus and to the extent possible notify those who may have been exposed. Holy Cross will never discuss a person's confidential medical information without the explicit permission of that individual.
For updates on cases in Massachusetts, visit the Department of Public Health website. For the most up to date information on the virus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Coronavirus Disease 2019 website.
- Message to Campus
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Student Resources
- Teaching Remotely
- Technology Resources
- Employee Information - HR
- Room & Board Refunds
- Events & Athletics
- Study Abroad
- If You May Have Been Exposed
- May 15 Update to Students
- April 15 Update to Employees on COVID-19 Response
- April 6 Update on Campus Construction Projects
- March 25 HR and Financial Update
- March 24 Note from Fr. Boroughs
- March 20 Remote Learning Resources
- March 11 Message from the President
- March 9 Message from the President
- March 8 Campus Update
- March 7 Update to Students
- March 5 Travel Restrictions
- March 2 Study Abroad Information
- Feb. 25
- Feb. 4
- Jan. 31