Frequently Asked Questions

For Fall 2023, prior conference travel or preapproved activity will be allocated to the Provost’s Supplementary Research Fund, so all tenured and tenure-track faculty will begin with $3,000 in the RPD account.

Prepare and submit an expense report in Chrome River. Review the Chrome River Training and Support site, as well as this guide prepared by the Provost's office for instructions. Expenses should be aggregated for a conference or a major trip whenever possible, provided submissions are made in a timely manner.

The Department Chair has this information and can provide it upon request.

Faculty should register in advance using an updated version of the Foreign Travel Waiver Form; faculty may not travel on College business to countries and regions on the State Department’s no-go or restricted travel list without advance approval.

Individual faculty (and not departmental administrative assistants) are expected to prepare their own expense reports. The Department Chair, the Provost’s Office, and Accounts Payable approve expense reports. This should be done within 30 days of incurring expenses. Extensive Chrome River training and support is available here, as well as in this guide prepared by the Provost’s Office.

Faculty may apply more than once in a given academic year, though repeat applications may be of lower priority in order to support first-time applicants.

Following current practice, we recommend that faculty with potential page/publication costs related to scholarly journals contact Librarian Mark Shelton for advice and assistance.

Using the College’s contract with Egencia provides several advantages to the College, such as tracking flights not taken, aggregating spend so that the College can negotiate better rates in the future, automatically seeking better pricing after booking, and tracking and monitoring travel credits in the event of cancellation. We urge faculty to use Egencia for these reasons. If you need an Egencia account or are having trouble gaining access contact

The College makes procurement cards or “PCards” available to tenured and tenure-track faculty to support research and professional development expenses without involving personal funds. Please use your PCard for RPD-eligible expenses whenever possible. Faculty can obtain a PCard using this form.

Contact the Dean of Faculty who works with your department or program in advance.