Students, faculty and staff are welcome to become certified to drive a campus vehicle.
Documents and Files
- Transportation policy (PDF)
- Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Crash Operator Report (PDF)
- Van Certification Eligibility and Rules of Conduct (PDF)
- Certification Application Form (PDF)
- Driver Safety Tips (PDF)
- Van Convoy Safety Essentials (PDF)
If there are injuries, your first priority is to get medical help immediately. Do not move any injured party. In Worcester, call 508-799-8606 for Worcester Police or call Massachusetts State Police 911 on your cell phone and calmly and clearly tell the dispatcher that you have been in an accident with possible injury. Street address or landmark will be invaluable in getting help to respond promptly.
Any accident (property damage, hit-and-run or personal injury) while operating a Holy Cross-owned or leased vehicle or while the vehicle is parked must be reported to the Department of Public Safety immediately at (508) 793-2222.
At the scene of the accident, follow these instructions:
- Take steps to avoid any additional accidents at the scene.
- Do not admit fault or sign any papers claiming personal responsibility
- Do not make statements to anyone except police, appropriate Holy Cross personnel, and the other driver's personal insurance company
- Exchange with the other driver:
- Name/date of birth (DOB)
- Driver’s license # and state
- Make/model/year of other vehicle
- License plate number
- Get names, addresses, and phone #’s of:
- All occupants of vehicle
- All witnesses
- Note details of accident:
- Date, time, location, road/weather conditions
- Injuries to anyone involved
- Damages to vehicles involved (take picture with cell phone camera, if possible)
- As needed, draw simple accident diagram naming streets noting vehicle travel direction
- If the police arrive on the scene, request from the investigating officer:
- Name of officer
- Badge number and name of department
- Telephone number
- Report number, if available
Once the accident / emergency is cleared, these reports must be filled out:
- College of the Holy Cross Accident Investigation form
- Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles Operator Report Form
Both must be completed and delivered to the Dispatch Center on Linden Lane or Public Safety
The driver is also required to notify the Holy Cross Risk Manager at 508-793-2339 that day or if after hours, on the next business day.
Revised: Dec. 14, 2017