Free admissions parking is available on Linden Lane (accessible by entering through the College’s main gate off College Street). See Directions to Campus.
Visiting Campus for Other Purposes
Free visitor parking is available between the Hogan Campus Center and the Luth Athletic Complex (accessible by entering Gate 7 or McKeon Road). See campus map for parking locations (PDF).
The College assumes no risk or liability for damage or loss for vehicles or vehicle contents when parked on College property.
If you receive a parking ticket you have the right to appeal. Complete the appeal form.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Thanks to the Presidential Task Force on the Environment, the College installed electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in the parking garage in 2019. This was made possible by a grant from the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection and a rebate from National Grid.
This sustainability initiative includes four dual port stations on the third and fourth floors of the parking garage. This means that eight vehicles can be charged at the same time. These stations are available for all vehicles with a Holy Cross parking permit.
The stations are on the ChargePoint network which is a global network with over 98,200 charging stations in service. The ChargePoint website has information to utilize your smartphone to use the ChargePoint network.
While we hope to be able to continue the growth of this program, the College cannot guarantee that a charging station will always be available to community members. In particular, your decision to purchase an electric vehicle should be based on your ability to charge at home or at publicly available charging stations.
We are excited to advance the sustainability goals of the college through this initiative.
Holy Cross Public Safety
Contact Us: 508-793-2224
In order to use the chargers efficiently, the following College policies will apply to the charging station:
- The chargers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There will be a fee of 15 cents per kilowatt for the use of the actual electricity. This is likely cheaper than using a charger at your home since Holy Cross has a commercial account with lower rates than the average homeowner. Also, we purchase power from a hydro-electric source as an environmental initiative.
- The demand to use the charging stations will likely grow with time. As a starting point, vehicles can be parked in the charging stations for nine hours or the maximum of a work shift. This will likely be reduced to four hours as the demand grows and spaces become unavailable.
- Vehicles are not permitted in the designated EV spaces when they are not connected to the charging port.
- Vehicles must be in the designated charging station parking space for the specific station when charging. In other words, the electric cord cannot be stretched to an adjacent space.
- Do not connect or disconnect any vehicle other than your own.
- The standard 110-volt receptacles in other locations of the garage or on campus are not to be used to charge vehicles.
- The first charging station on the fourth floor of the parking garage is designed so a person with a disability can use it. However, it is not designated as an official handicapped parking space. Please be courteous and use this station only when all other spaces are unavailable.
- The charging stations are used at your own risk and the college is not responsible for any damages that may occur while using the stations.
Guests of Students
Guests of students who are staying on campus overnight must register and obtain a temporary pass for their vehicle from Public Safety.
A valid vehicle registration certificate and a copy of the guest registration must be produced at the time the temporary pass is obtained. There is no charge for the pass.
All guest vehicles must park in the designated student parking areas. The sponsor of the guest is responsible for any violations of the parking regulations. Guest permits may be picked up at the Public Safety office at the Jo Wellness Center (open 24/7).
Contact Us: 508-793-2224