Somnabulist by Crisit Rinklin
Crossroads Holy Cross’ Visual Arts Faculty and Staff
Part II: Painting, Printmaking and Mixed Media
November 8, 2007 through December 19, 2007
Crossroads, Part II features the work of Newton-based artist Naomi Ribner, lecturer of visual arts, whose work utilizes digital imaging, digital animation and mixed media; Boston-based artist Cristi Rinklin, assistant professor and studio art division head, is exhibiting paintings as well as a site-specific installation of colored vinyl films applied to glass; Somerville artist Susan Schmidt, associate professor of visual arts, will display works in printmaking and drawing; Rhode Island artist Amy Wynne Derry, visiting lecturer of studio art, will display paintings and works in various drawing media; Providence artist David Gyscek, studio lab supervisor for the visual arts department, will present works in photography and painting. Roger Hankins, director of the Cantor Art Gallery, will be represented by a selection of paintings on ceramic surfaces.
The following events are planned in conjunction with the second part of the exhibition. All events will be held at the Cantor Art Gallery.
* Nov. 8, 5 – 6:30 p.m., Opening reception
* Nov. 13, 12 – 1 p.m., Gallery talk by Susan Schmidt
* Nov. 15, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., Gallery talk by Cristi Rinklin
* Nov. 19, 12 – 1 p.m., Gallery talk by David Gyscek
* Nov. 28, 12 – 1 p.m., Gallery talk by Naomi Ribner
* Dec. 4, 4 – 5 p.m., Gallery talk by Amy Wynn Derry