Viewpoint: Holy Cross' Visual Arts Faculty
August 29 - December 8, 2011
The Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Art Gallery at the College of the Holy Cross presents Viewpoint: Holy Cross' Visual Arts Faculty from August 29 through December 8, with an opening reception scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 14, 5-6:30 p.m.
Viewpoint includes the work of eight distinguished faculty members from the visual arts department: Michael Beatty, Robert ParkeHarrison, Cristi Rinklin, Susan Schmidt, Rachelle Beaudoin ‘04, David Gyscek ‘96, Leslie Schomp, and Marguerite White. The display will feature artist's books, installations, painting, digital photography, printmaking, sculpture, and digital video. In addition to their teaching and mentoring responsibilities, faculty are active, professional artists who exhibit their work nationally and internationally.
"The faculty exhibition at the Cantor Art Gallery provides an invaluable opportunity for students and faculty both inside and outside the visual arts department and the Worcester community to see the creative scholarship that the faculty members pursue," explains Roger Hankins, director of the gallery.
The gallery, in conjunction with the visual arts department, mounts faculty exhibitions every three years.
A series of free, noon time presentations by each of the artists are scheduled throughout the semester. For further information on these events please call 508-793-3356.
• Opening reception, Wednesday, Sept. 14, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
• Michael Beatty, Gallery Talk, Wednesday, Sept. 21, noon
• Susan Schmidt, Gallery Talk, Tuesday, September 27, noon
• Rachelle Beaudoin, Performance,"Letters to Vito", Wednesday, Oct. 5, 5:30 - 6 p.m.
• Leslie Schomp, Gallery Talk, Thursday, Oct. 6, noon
• Cristi Rinklin, Gallery Talk, Tuesday, Oct. 18, noon
• Rachelle Beaudoin, Gallery Talk, Monday, Oct. 24, noon
• David Gyscek, Gallery Talk, Wednesday, Nov. 2, noon
• Marguerite White, Gallery Talk, Thursday, Nov. 10, noon