The College of the Holy Cross student newspaper was established in February of 1925. Originally called the Tomahawk, the name was changed to the Crusader in February of 1955. The name was changed once again in 2018, to The Spire. The College of the Holy Cross Archives and Special Collections is currently digitizing the Crusader in order to make it available online. Digitized issues are available on Crossworks, the College of the Holy Cross' electronic repository.