Statistics minors must complete the following requirements:
- MATH 134 (Calculus 2 with Fundamentals) or MATH 136 (Calculus 2)
- One introductory statistics course: BIOL 275, ECON 249, MATH 220, PSYC 200, or SOCL 226.
- MATH 231 (Linear Models) or ECON 314 (Econometrics)
- MATH 232 (Categorical Data Analysis)
- Two elective statistics courses.
Current statistics electives include MATH 375 (Probability Theory), MATH 376 (Mathematical Statistics), MATH 380 (Statistical Computing), CSCI 307 (Data Mining), PSYC 318 (Advanced Statistics), BIOL 383 (Applied Evolution). In addition to MATH 134 or MATH 136, Mathematics majors who minor in statistics may count one course toward both the major and the minor.