10 courses on Chinese language, literature, culture, and civilization as follows:
- 4-6 courses in Chinese language at the 200 level or above, including at least 2 courses at the 400 level. Majors who study abroad in their junior year must complete two Chinese courses at the 400 level in their senior year at Holy Cross.
- Majors who study abroad during the fall semester of their senior year must complete one Chinese language course at the 400 level at Holy Cross in their senior year.
- 4-6 additional courses on China taught in English or Chinese, including:
- 1 course on Chinese culture, either Chin 103: Introduction to Chinese Culture or Chin 255: Chinese Culture through the Camera’s Eye
- 1 course on Chinese literature
6 courses on Chinese language, literature, culture, or civilization as follows:
- Completion of 2-4 courses in Chinese language through Chinese 302 (Third Year Chinese 2)
- 2-4 additional courses taught in English or Chinese, including:
- 1 course on Chinese culture, cinema, or literature
- At least 1 additional approved courses on China focusing on art, cinema, economics, history, linguistics, literature, politics, society, or religions