The Chinese Major
10 courses on Chinese language, literature, culture, and civilization as follows:
- 4-6 courses in Chinese language at the 200 level or above, including at least 2 courses at the 400 level.
- Majors who study abroad in their junior year must complete two Chinese courses at the 400 level in their senior year at Holy Cross. Majors who study abroad during the fall semester of their senior year must complete one Chinese language course at the 400 level at Holy Cross in their senior year.
- 4-6 additional courses on China taught in English or Chinese, including:
- 1 course on Chinese culture, either Chin 103: Introduction to Chinese Culture or Chin 255: Chinese Culture through the Camera’s Eye
- 1 course on Chinese literature
The Chinese Minor
6 courses on Chinese language, literature, culture, or civilization as follows:
- Completion of 2-4 courses in Chinese language through Chinese 302 (Third Year Chinese 2)
- 2-4 additional courses taught in English or Chinese, including:
- 1 course on Chinese culture, cinema, or literature
- At least 1 additional approved courses on China focusing on art, cinema, economics, history, linguistics, literature, politics, society, or religions
For the major and minor in Asian Studies see: