Information for Guests with Accessibility Needs
Please read the sections below for information on event accessibility.
American Sign Language Interpretation
ASL interpreters will be present on the stage throughout the Awards Ceremony, Baccalaureate Mass, and Commencement. At Baccalaureate Mass, seats are reserved on the stage left (audience right) side for viewing the interpreter and a large screen with a picture-in-picture display will be available. For the Commencement Ceremony at DCU, there will be large video display boards on both sides of the stage and on the overhead jumbotron with a picture-in-picture display.
Assistive Listening Devices
Assistive listening devices for use during the Awards, Baccalaureate Mass, and Commencement. These are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Live captioning will be available on the livestream of the Awards, Baccalaureate Mass, and Commencement Ceremony. These links will be made available in May.
At Mass and Commencement, live captions will be available on large video display boards with a picture-in-picture of the interpreter. These displays will show open captions in real time, provided by a human captioner. These same captions will be available for those watching the remote stream on YouTube.
In addition to traditional print programs, programs will be made available via pdf files for viewing on electronic devices to enhance size or utilize reading devices. The electronic versions will be available as pdf downloads from the Commencement website.
Transportation and Parking
Thursday, May 23 on campus
- Guests may park in the following locations: Hogan Lots, Freshmen Field (weather permitting), and the parking garage.
- There will be shuttles available on campus to assist guests. Shuttle stops will be clearly marked throughout campus.
- For Baccalaureate Mass, guests who use wheelchairs may be dropped off at Gate Zero for Mass (if held outdoors). Two levels of the parking garage will be reserved for guests with handicap placards.
Friday, May 24 at the DCU Center
- The DCU Center is handicapped accessible. Guests are advised to enter at the Major Taylor Blvd. and Foster Street entrance.
- Handicap permit parking in designated and metered spots is available adjacent to the DCU Center. The Mercantile Garage is the nearest garage to the DCU Center event entrance. More information can be found on the DCU Center website.
- DCU Center has fourteen viewing areas designated for accessible seating in Sections 102, 103, 104, 106, 108, 110, 112, 113, 117, 118, 120, 121, 123, and 125. These are available on a first come, first serve basis.