Language placement procedures for all languages are posted in the Placement and Assessment folder on your Moodle homepage. You must follow the language placement procedures if 1) you have already studied a language that you wish to continue at Holy Cross, or 2) you have any knowledge of the language through family or community.
To find the placement procedures, go to Moodle – Course Management System. Log in to Moodle using your Holy Cross user ID and password. Select the language in which you want placement on the Placements & Assessments box on the right. Follow the instructions to begin the placement procedures.
For additional questions about the placement policy for a specific language, contact the language program coordinator:
- Arabic: Ibrahim Abuserriah
- Chinese Studies: Ji Hao
- Deaf Studies and Sign Languages: Stephanie Clark
- French and Francophone Studies: Thibaut Schilt
- German Studies: Sylvia Schmitz-Burgard
- Italian Studies: Giovanni Spani
- Russian Studies: Olga Partan
For questions about placement in Spanish, contact Cynthia Stone (firstname.lastname@example.org), the chair of the Department of Spanish.