Prelaw: Preprofessional Program
To be a lawyer is to be an advocate. At Holy Cross, you will build the communication, problem solving and reasoning skills that will afford you success not only in law school but also in your career as a lawyer, policy maker or even business leader. The Prelaw Advisory Program offers resources to undergraduates and alumni seeking to study law, while providing students with opportunities to participate in award-winning moot court and mock trial teams as well as a unique student-published law journal.
Each year, about 50 Holy Cross graduates enter law schools accredited by the American Bar Association, equating to a 91 percent acceptance rate. The variety and depth of support offered through the Prelaw Advisory Program are at the heart of this success, starting with individual counseling during which students discuss choosing to study law, law school application strategies, essay writing, test preparation and financing one’s law school career. In addition, students in the program benefit from visiting speakers, meetings with law school admissions counselors, and on-campus LSAT preparation. The student-run St. Thomas More Pre-Legal Society, which presents several events and discussion sessions throughout the year, presents another opportunity for exploration and preparation for a legal career.
- A wide range of speakers who visit campus to speak about careers and the law school experience. A visiting law professor also conducts a class to expose students to a typical law school class and answer questions.
- Opportunity to attend the annual Law Forum in Boston, with the chance to meet more than 100 law school admissions representatives.
- Interviews on campus with approximately a dozen law schools that visit Holy Cross annually.
- LSAT materials and our own comprehensive LSAT preparation program.
- The St. Thomas More Pre-Legal Society, an organization of students considering law as a career. The society presents several events and discussions per year.