Ph.D., University of Cambridge
• CV (PDF) »
- Seventeenth-Century Cultural Discourse: France and the Preaching of Bishop Camus (Mounton de Gruyter, 1997).
- Articles in journals such as Seventeenth-Century French Studies, Sixteenth Century Journal, and French Colonial History.
- Editor of The Cambridge Companion to the Jesuits (Cambridge University Press, 2008).
- Co-editor of four books: From Rome to Eternity: Catholicism and the Arts in Italy, ca. 1550-1650 (Brill, 2002), Hope and Healing: Painting in Italy in a Time of Plague, 1500-1800 (Worcester Art Museum and University of Chicago Press, 2005), Piety and Plague: From Byzantium to the Baroque (Truman State University Press, 2007), and The Papacy since 1500: From Italian Prince to Universal Pastor (Cambridge University Press, 2010).
- 2006 Holy Cross Marguggi Award for Outstanding Scholarship