Ph.D., University of Chicago
Fields: Renaissance English Literature and Culture; Shakespeare
I have published essays on Elizabeth I's self-representation and Tudor ideas about motherhood; Elizabeth I as a writer; Aemilia Lanyer and the early modern garden; the trials of art in Spenser's Bower of Bliss; and the problem of pleasure in late Elizabethan poetry.
I am currently at work on a project exploring the nature and worth of wonder in early seventeenth-century literary practice.
- Critical Reading and Writing: Fiction
- Poetry and Poetics
- Touchstones 1: Early British Literature
- Age of Elizabeth
- Rule, Rebellion and Ravishment
- Gender in the Renaissance Seminar
- English Honors Colloquium