Counseling Center staff members are here to assist and support you in the following ways:
- The Counseling Center staff members are committed to keeping students safe by minimizing face-to-face exposure. All services will continue to be fully operational while also being adapted for COVID-19 regulations through teleconferencing (i.e., Zoom or telephone).
- If you are in distress and need to speak with someone urgently, an on-call crisis counselor is available by telephone to any currently enrolled student, regardless of residential location, 24/7 by calling 855-418-7282.
- The Counseling Center is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-noon and 1-5 p.m. and can be reached by calling 508-793-3363.
- Telepsychotherapy, consultation, psychiatry, Urgent Care (Monday through Friday at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.), and outreach will continue to be provided.
- Clinicians are available to offer consultation to assist students and families in navigating how to access proximal therapeutic supports. In order to access consultation through the Counseling Center, please call 508-793-3363.
- For additional information, please call the Counseling Center at 508-793-3363.
- Mental health resources for coping with COVID-19 can be found at www.apa.org/topics/covid-19/.
The Ignatian ideal of cura personalis – care of the whole person – guides the work we do at the Counseling Center. The Counseling Center contributes to the College of the Holy Cross community by offering a range of psychological services to meet the mental health needs of students.
Our primary goal is to support students negotiating their transition into adulthood. Students normally encounter a variety of challenges during college.
We provide confidential assistance to students who have a wide range of concerns, such as stress, adjustment difficulties, relationship problems, anxiety, and depression. Many students seek our services to help them through these challenges. We work collaboratively with students to promote their academic success and personal growth during their years at Holy Cross.
The Counseling Center is accredited by the International Accreditation of Counseling Services.