At Holy Cross, exceptional teaching and active scholarship go hand in hand. We’re proud to support the research endeavors of our faculty, who demonstrate excellence across a wide range of disciplines and interests.
A Celebration of Faculty Scholarship
View a list of scholarly and creative works that faculty members have been involved with recently.
A Celebration of Faculty Scholarship - 2016 (PDF)
A Celebration of Faculty Scholarship - 2015 (PDF)
A Celebration of Faculty Scholarship - 2014 (PDF)
A Celebration of Faculty Scholarship - 2013 (PDF)
A Celebration of Faculty Scholarship - 2012 (PDF)
A Celebration of Faculty Scholarship - 2011 (PDF)
A Celebration of Faculty Scholarship - 2010 (PDF)
The College recognizes exemplary scholarship, teaching and advising with the following awards:
- Mary Louise Marfuggi Faculty Award for Outstanding Scholarship
- Mary Louise Marfuggi Award for Academic Advisement
- Distinguished Faculty Scholar Award
- Donal J. Burns '49 Career Teaching Medal
- Distinguished Teaching Award
A Culture of Inquiry
The intellectual vibe on our campus is sparked by our faculty members’ own compelling need to ask more. They share the output of their innovative research and scholarship in a variety of ways — from presentations at conferences and exhibits in museums, to published works and performances that take place everywhere from Worcester to New York to Bali.
The College places a premium on generously funding and facilitating faculty research opportunities:
- Every tenure-track faculty member is given a one-semester pre-tenure research leave to pursue a fully paid period of research.
- One of Holy Cross’ greatest strengths lies in our ability to connect accomplished faculty scholars with hardworking students, forging a professional relationship that benefits everyone involved.
Office of Sponsored Research
The Office of Sponsored Research helps faculty members discover ways to secure funding — both within the College and from external sources — and prepare their applications.
Center for Teaching
The Center for Teaching offers funding opportunities related to faculty development, workshops, conferences and other activities that support our teachers’ efforts.
Center for Writing
The Center for Writing supports and promotes the cultivation of writing across campus for faculty by providing consultations, workshops, and collaboration on pedagogy, assessment, and research in writing.