Fields: Educational psychology, school counseling, multicultural education, social justice education, qualitative research methods in urban settings
• Website »
- Education 167 - Educational Psychology
- Education 232 - Schools: Surviving and Achieving
- Education 340 - Multicultural Education
- Education 394 - Directed Research
Additional information can be found in the College Catalog @ catalog.holycross.edu/academics/educ
Primary Research Interests:
- Student Achievement
- Urban Education
- Students of Color
- Educational Psychology
- "The Moral consequences of Studying the Vunerable: Court Mandated Reporting and Beyond". Narrative Inquiry, Volume 19, November 2009.
- "The N-Word: Reducing Verbal Pollution in Schools". The Clearing House, Volume 81, Number 6, July/August 2008.
- "Even the Spanish Teachers are White: A Study of African Heritage and Latina Student Attribution and Engagement:. In Progress.
- Keynote Speaker, Burncoat Senior High School, National Honor Society Induction Ceremony, May 2011
- Keynote Speaker, Colgate University Race & Education Week, "Back to Basics: engaging Minority Students", October 2009
- Presentation, "A Study of African Heritage and Latina Student Engagement, National Multicultural Conference and Summit New Orleans, January 2009
- "Does Size Really Matter? The Impact of Small Learning Communities on Student Engagement in an Urban High School"
- "A Study of African Heritage and Latina Student Engagement"