The Holy Cross Student Emergency Aid Committee (SEAC) supports students who have extenuating financial requests that are not typically covered by traditional financial aid.
The Office of Financial Aid is a key partner within this committee. All eligible requests are vetted through their office for validation that the student has a demonstrated need and is able to receive this resource. It is expected that all students have utilized all of the resources available to them prior to requesting assistance from this committee.
Qualifying requests are:
Medical expenses not covered by insurance
- Insurance must be utilized prior to a request
- Textbooks, workbooks, and access codes are included in course materials. Any additional needs for the class cannot be covered. You may be able to utilize your refund in advance through Book Vouchers. Eligibility for this program is available on the Bursar's website.
Minor technology repair
- Please contact Information Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on borrowing a Chromebook.
The committee recognizes that Food Insecurity is still a concern for many students. If you need assistance, please connect with your Financial Aid counselor. Information about SNAP benefits is also available on the Financial Aid website.
Non-qualifying requests include, but are not limited to:
- Travel - We are unable to assist with travel during breaks when the college remains open due to limited funding. If you need travel assistance to travel home in December, you will need to submit your request no later than Wednesday, November 15, 2023. Assistance is not guaranteed.
- Tuition expenses - including tuition, meal plan, study abroad (including Maymester), and any fees associated with the institution
- New technology purchases - including but not limited to cell phones, laptops, and tablets
- Parking tickets
- Federal or state taxes
- Family member(s) expenses
- Personal debt including student loans
- Shipping and storage expenses
Student Emergency Aid Process
Students are considered for emergency funds by submitting a complete online application. Applications are reviewed Monday through Friday during the academic year. It may take multiple days for a response to your request. Funding cannot be guaranteed.
Please allow 3 business days for a response to funding requests. If a response is needed within 3 business days, please reach out to email@example.com directly, in addition to completing the online application.
In some cases, the emergency aid committee members may seek to connect students with additional student support services depending on the nature of the emergency. In those cases, a member of the committee will follow up directly with the student with additional information and resources that might be helpful for the student.