The Holy Cross Student Emergency Aid Committee (SEAC) supports students who have extenuating financial requests that are not typically covered by traditional financial aid.
The SEAC is able to centralize student funding requests and direct them for consideration to the most appropriate committees and funds that are supported by our generous alumni as well as departments across our campus community. All requests are private and only individuals involved with funding or resource decisions are provided access to details pertaining to the request for funding.
Qualifying requests include, but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses not covered by insurance
- Loss from theft, flood, or fire
- Food insecurity
- Transportation home for a family emergency (i.e., sick family member, funeral, etc.)
- Housing insecurity
- Graduate school application fees
*To request a loaner Chromebook, hotspot, or webcam, send an email to Holy Cross Information Technology Services, email@example.com. For all other technology needs, fill out the Student Emergency Aid request form.
Non-qualifying requests include, but are not limited to:
- Unmet bursar payments
- Federal or state taxes
Student Emergency Aid Process
Students are considered for emergency funds by filling out an online application, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contacting any member of the SEAC.
Please allow 48 business hours for a response to funding requests. If a response is needed within 48 hours, please reach out to a co-chair of the committee directly, in addition to completing the online application.
In some cases, the emergency aid committee members may seek to connect students with additional student support services depending on the nature of the emergency. In those cases, a member of the committee will follow up directly with the student with additional information and resources that might be helpful for the student.
- Michelle Rosa Martins – Co-Chair – Director, Office of Multicultural Education
- Robin Huntley – Co-Chair – Student Case Manager CARE Team Liaison
- Nicole Cunningham – Director, Financial Aid
- Marybeth Kearns Barrett – Director, Office of the College Chaplains
- Rev. James Stormes, S.J. - Rector of Jesuit Community