The Mentor Program is designed to support students with their transition to Holy Cross. Students invited to participate in the Mentor Program include, but are not restricted to, first-year students of color, first-generation students, students eligible for the pell grant, International students, Passport and Odyssey students.
A broad group of mentors can help define a truly exceptional academic experience for students. Administered by Academic Services and Learning Resources and the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, groups of about five students are matched with a peer mentor for ongoing conversation, advice and friendship during their first year.
The goals of the Mentor Program are to:
- Create an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety, promotes positive attitudes and stimulates a vibrant learning environment.
- Provide a supportive relationship and sufficient feedback to enable you to make well-informed decisions.
- Assist you in adjusting to the academic environment by helping you to develop a strong identity as a scholar.
- Establish relationships with the institutions, faculty, staff, peers and the community.
- Provide information concerning academic policies, procedures and programs.