Our international students bring diversity and vibrancy to the Holy Cross community.
We welcome you to visit our campus at any time to experience our inclusive culture and see the many opportunities for intellectual and personal growth. (And if you can’t make the trip, be sure to check out our virtual tour.) Take a look below for some more information about applying as an international student.
Who Is an International Student?
A student who:
- Does not hold U.S. citizenship
- Does not hold U.S. Permanent Residency (green card holders)
All application materials should be submitted in English. Please submit your original documents as well as certified English translations, if necessary.
Applicants should submit the required application materials using our application checklist.
In addition, all international applicants are asked to submit:
- Holy Cross Certification of Finances Form
- This form is used to verify student financial information. International applicants should fill out the Holy Cross Certification of Finances form using the Applicant Status Portal. Applicants will get access to the Applicant Status Portal after submitting an application.
- When filling out the Holy Cross Certification of Finances form, please keep in mind:
- All amounts must be listed in U.S. dollars.
- List all funding available for all four years (and indicate a student's ability to cover the full cost of attendance for each academic year the student plans on being enrolled)
- Take into account personal expenses including travel to and from the College, spending money, and necessary course supplies which are not included in the official cost of attendance
- Bank Letter or financial affidavit
- A bank letter, bank statement, or financial affidavit listing total assets in U.S. dollars (must be written/translated in English)
Students who do not attend an English-speaking high school, and who are not native English speakers, must submit one of the following exams:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and TOEFL Special Home Edition
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) and IELTS Indicator
- DET (Duolingo English Test)
Our most competitive applicants score 100+ on the TOEFL, a 7+ on the IELTS or a 120 on the DET.
Although not required, we strongly encourage you to interview. We provide a limited number of virtual Holy Cross interviews to international applicants. Once you submit your application, please complete the International Interview Request form.
In addition, our most successful applicants from China submit interviews via the online platforms InitialView or Vericant. International applicants can also complete the Duolingo English Test in place of an interview.
In-Person Interview: December 8, 2023
- Online Platform Interview: Submitted by January 15, 2024
International students may choose to apply either as a Regular Decision or Early Decision candidate. You must submit all documents listed in the “Required” section of the corresponding type of application you are submitting. International students may also submit the documents listed in the “Optional” section.
The application should be completed in English; originals or notarized copies of all secondary school records and recommendations should be submitted with certified English translations if necessary.
(Your application cannot
be reviewed without these documents)
|Early Decision II Deadlines||Regular
|Regular Decision OR
Early Decision application.
|Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Holy Cross Certification of Finances Form||Nov. 15||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Bank Letter or Financial Affidavit||Nov. 15||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|TOEFL®, IELTS, or DET
(for non-native English speakers only)
|Nov. 15||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|