Economics and Accounting
Fields: Sports Economics, Lotteries and Gambling, Forensic Economics, Environmental and Energy Economics
- Sports economics, lotteries and gaming, environmental and energy economics, and forensic economics.
- "The Economics of Sports, 6th ed.," (with Peter von Allmen and Mike Leeds), London: Routledge.
- “The Effect of Natural Disasters on Housing Prices: An Examination of the Fourmile Canyon Fire,” (with Katherine Kiel), Journal of Forest Economics, Vol. 33 (December 2018), 1-7.
- “Mega-Events and Tourism: The Case of Brazil,” (with Robert Baumann), Contemporary Economic Policy, Vol. 36:2 (April 2018), 292-301.
- “Going for the Gold: The Economics of the Olympics,” (with Robert Baade), Journal of Economic Perspectives, Vol. 30:2 (Spring 2016), 201-218.
- “The Impact of State Lotteries and Casinos on State Bankruptcy Filings,” (with Kent Grote), Growth and Change, Vol. 45:1 (March 2014), 121-135.
- “Potential Effects of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act on the Award of Life Care Expense,” (with Joshua Congdon-Hohman), Journal of Forensic Economics, Vol 24:2 (Fall 2013), 153-160.
- Additional working papers and publications available at RePEc.org.
- Editor, Journal of Sports Economics
- President, North American Association of Sports Economists
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Sport Finance
- Editorial Board, Eastern Economic Journal