Economics and Accounting
Fields: Sports Economics, Lotteries and Gambling, Forensic Economics, Environmental and Energy Economics
- Sports economics, lotteries and gaming, environmental and energy economics, and forensic economics.
- “Many Happy Returns? The Pro-Bowl, Mega-events, and Tourism in Hawaii,” (with Robert Baumann), Tourism Economics, forthcoming.
- “Going for the Gold: The Economics of the Olympics,” (with Robert Baade), Journal of Economic Perspectives, Vol. 30:2 (Spring 2016), 201-218.
- “Tourism and the 2010 World Cup: Lessons for Developing Countries,” (with Thomas Peeters and Stefan Szymanski) in Journal of African Economies, Vol. 23:2 (March 2014), 290-320.
- “The Impact of State Lotteries and Casinos on State Bankruptcy Filings,” (with Kent Grote), Growth and Change, Vol. 45:1 (March 2014), 121-135.
- “Potential Effects of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act on the Award of Life Care Expense,” (with Joshua Congdon-Hohman), Journal of Forensic Economics, Vol 24:2 (Fall 2013), 153-160.
- Additional working papers and publications available at RePEc.org.
- Editor, Journal of Sports Economics
- President-Elect, North American Association of Sports Economists
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Sport FInance
- Editorial Board, Eastern Economic Journal