The Finance Boot Camp offers an immersion in understanding the institutional framework and career specializations in finance.
Held annually during the fall semester, students attend sessions hosted by alumni at various banks including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, Goldman Sachs and UBS. Additionally, time is spent in preparation for finance interviews that simulate the fast paced, intense environment of a super day, the name given to the day for final round interviews for potential analysts and associates at investment banks.
- Introduction and overview of the divisions of Wall Street
- Wealth management, alternative investment and hedge funds
- Sales and trading, and equities and bonds
The Finance Boot Camp offers:
- Comprehensive understanding of the finance world
- Review of the Wall Street Journal and current events
- Opportunities to develop a stance on the market
- Preparation for interview-like situations using sales pitches/analytics
- Networking opportunities with alumni executives of top firms on Wall Street
This workshop is held annually during the fall semester and is required for the Finance & Banking Certificate Program.
Workshop Dates: Mon. & Tue., Nov. 23-24, 2020 (Thanksgiving Break)
Note to Applicants: The workshop is open to students of all majors and class years. Online application includes a resume and interview prior to acceptance.
Alumni professionals who work in finance lead this workshop.
This is a highly competitive workshop. Successful students showcase a passion for the industry, are up on current events, and follow a company or stock. All applicants must interview prior to acceptance, preference is given to students registered for the Certificate in Finance & Banking.